Senior Product Designer
New York City /
Hi, we're Brigit! A financial health app for the everyday American. By using cash flow data to automate finances, not only do we help people today, but also empower them to start saving for tomorrow. Brigit analyzes data from billions of individual bank transactions and formulates a deep understanding of each member’s cash-flow mismatches and spending habits. Using that data, we're able to send no-fee predictive advances and help millions of Americans avoid late payment fees, predatory overdraft fees, and interest rates. Our initial product is focused on disrupting the predatory $44 Billion payday loan and overdraft market and our future products will continue to empower and improve the lives of over 100M underserved Americans.
We are seeking a full-time, local Senior Product Designer. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will work as part of a cross-functional Product team and occasionally support Marketing, PR, and Operations.
What You Have
- 5+ years of product design experience in a technology company
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- An outstanding design portfolio demonstrating process, outcomes, and impact
- Expert with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with mobile app, web design, crafting new products and improving existing ones for consumers
- An innate ability to build user-centric designs by considering data, user feedback and research, product requirements, and technical constraints/opportunities
- Proven expertise in complex and sophisticated UX/UI Design problem solving
- You are comfortable as a peer leader, including mentorship, skills development, and culture-building
- The ability to thrive with ambiguity and tight deadlines and work independently
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with the entire product design lifecycle
- Conduct user research by leading user interviews & surveys
- Participate in, and potentially lead, design sprints
- Testing prototypes and designs with users and user analogues
- Maintaining and expanding on the design library and design system
- Build out user flows and wireframes
- Translate UX into UI ensuring implementation feasibility
- Define tracking events for future analysis
- Build illustrations and graphics to be incorporated into the product
- Provide quantitative product analysis with tools such as Amplitude.
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional product team including planning, testing, and release activities
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input in the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
-Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
-Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
-Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
-Dog friendly office
-Employee wellness initiatives
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.