Content Reports Contractor
Remote work / Telecommute /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
Brilliant is seeking a Content Reports Contractor to address user-generated reports and make iterative improvements to lessons.
You will use your exceptional taste in math, science, or computer science education and strong pedagogical instincts to improve Brilliant’s library of interactive courses. You will collaborate with a talented team of authors, artists, designers, and interactive engineers to maximize the learning experience of our STEM courses. You will be joining a passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurial-minded people who are working to make a meaningful impact on the world.
This is a 3 month contract, but may be extended based on need and performance.
- Master our course production tools, including our lesson editor and visualization editor.
- Work independently to resolve user-generated content reports and prioritize the most important improvements.
- Follow editorial standards and communicate with editorial team to address edge cases.
- Identify common obstacles in lessons and work with lesson writers to make improvements and add scaffolding.
- Publish iterative improvements to lessons.
- Communicate with engineering and project management teams to identify and prioritize bug fixes.
- Are excited to work on a practical and fun learning experience for millions of people.
- Are passionate about math, science, and computer science.
- Proficiency in programming and software tools such as Google Sheets or Excel.
- Have a way with words. Your English writing skills are top notch, and you come across as both friendly and professional in your correspondence with customers.