Senior Product Manager
San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
Brilliant's mission is to inspire and develop people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
A few things about someone who would enjoy this job: You derive joy from the hard work of delivering the right thing to customers on time. You are passionate, compassionate, and articulate when communicating with collaborators – especially about what needs to be done in order to further our mission. And finally, you are excited about the progress and potential of the product, content, and vision at Brilliant.
We want you to help us accelerate our progress towards this vision.
- Drive strategy for a feature or business metric
- Drive product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Work with pedagogy and user research experts to understand our audiences in depth
- Work closely with product designers to ensure an excellent user experience in our product
- Work with engineers to help guide feature development
- Execute quantitative analysis on features’ performance and find opportunities for optimization
- Be responsible for hitting the key performance indicators you are entrusted with
- 3+ years experience on digital product teams (we can be flexible for people with experience in related fields of engineering, design, game producing, behavioral data analysis, etc.)
- Recent, hands-on experience shipping digital products to users
- An excellent communicator across disciplines and an amiable teammate
- Experience developing and managing just the right amount of process to keep cross-functional teams coordinated but still as autonomous as possible
Desired but not required:
- Experience as a product manager on consumer (vs. business) facing products
- Experience with growing other product managers in a mentorship or people management capacity
- Personal experience with Brilliant's product
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• 401(k) plan (non-matching)
• Paid parental leave
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.