Remote work / Telecommute /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page and Engineering page.
We are looking for our first QA engineer to support the rapid development of our product and interactive learning toolchains. You will be joining a team who cares deeply about the quality of the work that they produce – but is yearning for somebody to support, guide, and eventually lead our efforts in this area.
As the first member of the engineering team focused specifically on testing and quality assurance, we expect that you’ll be involved at each stage of development for key features, especially those that touch toolkits which are then used to teach where correctness and stability is essential to help make sure that we ship as few bugs as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities – especially frontend scripted browser tests
- Design, develop, and execute tests automation scripts using Selenium (we’ll provide infrastructure support)
- Assist in triage and reproducing tricky bug reports from users and our manual QA team
- Participate in feature specifications and technical discussions to formulate test plans and write tests before a feature is released when appropriate
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Monitor debugging process results
- If helpful, track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- At least two years of professional working experience
- Work experience in software quality assurance or browser software generally
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools targeting browsers and mobile apps
- Experience working in an agile-style development process
- Experience with performance testing is a plus
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring learners from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch
• Weekly happy hour
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.