Strategy and Operations Manager, Content
San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
As our Strategy and Operations Manager in charge of content, you’ll ensure exceptional content development operations at scale.
You will create and manage processes to build, test, launch, and iterate on Brilliant’s library of interactive STEM courses. You’ll keep content producers on schedule, optimize production, and define agile, efficient and scalable systems.
In this role, you will partner closely with Managing Producers to build the operational framework for a cross-functional team of content creators, designers, engineers, and creative technologists to thrive in. More broadly, you will act as a generalist to help manage our content management system, keep all of our assets organized, assist with market research, and help build partnerships.
This is a hands-on, cross-functional role in a fast-paced startup environment requiring sound judgment, excellent communication skills, and high attention to detail while moving quickly. This position will report to the VP of Content.
- Partner with Managing Producers to scope and set project priorities and sequencing, milestone planning and resource allocation
- Prepare agendas, negotiate trade-offs between competing initiatives, document decisions and actions items
- Identify team needs, recommend improvements, and implement changes with an eye for optimizing coordination costs with design and engineering teams
- Track content team sprints to meet production objectives
- Set ambitious goals and inspire the team to achieve them together
- Collect and interpret operational data, guide tactical execution, and track efficiency
- Help develop and evaluate detailed project plans, and facilitate cross-functional communication between team members in order to get plans in place
- Are meticulous, your extreme attention to detail has likely annoyed someone by now
- Are an excellent communicator across disciplines and an amiable teammate.
- Feel familiar with different methods of managing content and design projects, and feel comfortable tailoring the process to the problem at hand.
- Deep familiarity with at least one software project management tool.
- Have previous experience coordinating projects from planning to kick-off to release.
- Are able to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time efficiently, and collaborate across many different stakeholders.
- Are not afraid to jump into any project, no matter how big or small
- Have a dose of pragmatism, and are comfortable weighing ideal solutions against the realities of a live product