Senior Project Manager
San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
Brilliant is seeking our first dedicated Project Manager. You'll create and manage processes to build, test, launch, and iterate on features across Brilliant's product areas. You'll work alongside our product, engineering, and ops teams to play a key role in building a product that positively impacts the education of millions of people.
If you are interested in this position, please include a cover letter that touches on "why Brilliant?"
- Work closely with engineers & designers to ship features through testing, launch, and iteration
- Work with product, engineering, and QA teams to continuously triage bugs and prioritize the backlog
- Identify opportunities to improve the way we track and ship new work
- Lead our bi-weekly sprint planning,
- Help develop or evaluate detailed project plans, and facilitate cross-functional communication between team members in order to get plans in place.
- Are meticulous.
- Are an excellent communicator across disciplines and an amiable teammate.
- Feel familiar with different methods of managing engineering and design projects, and feel comfortable tailoring the process to the problem at hand.
- Deep familiarity with at least one software project management tool.
- Have previous experience coordinating projects from planning to kick-off to release.
- Are able to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time efficiently, and collaborate across many different stakeholders.
Bonus points if you have experience in or are excited about growing technical skills in data analysis, experimentation, and marketing analytics.
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.