Senior Product Designer
Remote work / Telecommute /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page and Design page.
About the role
We’re seeking a senior generalist product designer to help build immersive, yet scalable interactive tools for learning and teaching math and science. Design at Brilliant currently works across four domains: learning systems, user motivation, onboarding/growth, and marketplace/authoring tools. As a generalist, you’ll work across all domains with the opportunity to grow into a leadership role within one. This a unique design opportunity for a content-minded designer seeking to build the fun and experiential – not simply the utilitarian! You’ll work with a diverse team of artists, animators and educators. You’ll use data and user research to inform new ways of structuring knowledge and content. Your work will help learners around the world understand deep and engaging material.
- Collaborate with educators on learning sequences in topics ranging from algebra, to calculus, to physics, to machine learning
- Build world-class design systems that work beautifully across web and native mobile apps
- Solve tough interaction and system design problems
- Help research and articulate learner segments and their path to achieving their goals
- Contribute to the culture of a small and growing design team
- Advocate for editorial quality and design polish in our marketing content
- Contribute to overall product strategy and roadmap
- Have 4-6+ years of product design experience at a consumer product company
- Have uniquely strong proficiency with interactive prototyping tools such as Origami, Framer, ProtoPie, or Principle
- Have a portfolio of products you’ve help build from the ground up, exhibiting both fluid functionality and on-point brand expression
- Are jazzed to learn new topics in STEM (maybe you even studied STEM formally)
- Are an independent and entrepreneurial product thinker
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring learners from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch
• Weekly happy hour
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.