VP of Creative Operations
Remote work / Telecommute, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
As our VP of Creative Operations, you will lead a world-class team of creatives responsible for designing the innovative visuals, interactives, and mechanics that captivate users across our product. You will be responsible for managing a roadmap that combines media, product, and game development best practices to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of content production and interactive learning.
This is a hands-on, cross-functional role in a fast-paced startup environment requiring sound judgment, excellent communication skills, and high attention to detail while moving quickly. You will be joining a passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurial-minded people who are working to make a meaningful impact in the world.
- Draw on operational knowledge to clarify objectives, cut scope, and ensure the creative team is creating the most value for users every day
- Demand strong focus, exceptional project management, and best-in-class results from yourself and your team, while managing energy and having fun
- Inspire and empower talented, diverse people to do their best work
- Champion the goals of the team and oversee team efficiency towards achieving our vision of a world-class learning product
- Act as a player-coach with deep knowledge about the nuts and bolts of how creative work happens – jumping into projects to fill vacuums and get the job done as needed
- Foster close, collaborative, and cross-organizational teams while identifying opportunities for improvement and evolution
- Build a culture that attracts the world's most talented creatives, and recruit them into it
- Effectively communicate with executives about strategy, operations, and results
- Have 5+ years professional experience working on a content or creative team, including at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Have a deep expertise in content production at scale and are comfortable juggling multiple responsibilities
- An excellent communicator across disciplines and an amiable teammate
- A proven leader of remote teams and developer of people
- Highly collaborative, a resourceful problem solver, with a large reserve of calm and a good sense of humor
- Energized by making others more efficient through process and automation (data skills a plus)
- Have a dose of pragmatism, and know how and when to make the right trade-offs between aspiration and shipping product on time
$175,000 - $230,000 a year
We use a systematic compensation framework. Salary scales are set each year for each job vertical, based on market data and company budget. Independently, managers level folks on their team, and those levels are mapped formulaically to our compensation scales.
Additional, we always make First and Best Offers - there is no negotiation (for new hires nor our existing teammates). This ensures that people are paid based on their expected contribution, rather than their negotiation skills.
We do apply a location-based adjustment in less competitive markets, typically 5-10%. Feel free to ask us about your particular location!