Program Manager, Core Learning Experience
San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
Brilliant is seeking a program manager dedicated to the execution and coordination of the core learning experience.
You'll create and manage processes to build, test, launch, and iterate on features the core parts of the product experience, including the lesson experience (see this interactive lesson for a good example). You'll work alongside our product, engineering, and ops teams to play a key role in building a product that positively impacts the education of millions of people.
- Work closely with engineers & designers to support the shipping of critical features through testing, launch, and iteration
- Help develop and evaluate project plans at various levels of detail, and facilitate communication between teams in order to get plans into action
- Work with QA teams to continuously triage bugs and prioritize the backlog
- Participate in UX research to develop empathy for the needs of our customers with respect to the core learning experience
- Identify opportunities to improve the way we track and ship features
- Monitor key data streams to ensure that changes are performing as expected
- Are meticulous
- Are an excellent communicator across disciplines and an amiable and candid teammate
- Feel familiar with different methods of managing engineering and design projects, and feel comfortable tailoring the process to the problem at hand
- Have previous experience coordinating projects from planning to kick-off to release
- Are able to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time efficiently, and collaborate across many different stakeholders
There are no hard and fast requirements for this role. However, it would be helpful if you've worked around high performing software development teams for two or more years.
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• 401(k) plan (non-matching)
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.