Computer Science Managing Producer
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
Brilliant is seeking a Managing Producer with a STEM background and a passion for math and science to supervise day-to-day operations of our world-class term of content creators, and ensure operational excellence.
You will be the organizational leader of Brilliant’s content team, keeping content producers on schedule, optimizing production, and defining the best practices of project management and communication to keep projects running smoothly. You will be joining a passionate and experienced term of entrepreneurial-minded people who are working to make a meaningful impact on the world.
This role reports to the Director of Production, who will provide mentorship, training, and development as needed.
- Manage content team sprints to meet production objectives – with an eye for optimizing coordination costs with design and engineering teams
- Set ambitious goals and inspire the team to achieve them
- Coordinate and project manage content producers, writers, artists, animators, and designers to help bring Brilliant courses to life
- Collaborate with content experts to define production processes and formats
- Strategize and implement improvements to Brilliant’s content production workflow
- Collect and interpret operational data, guide tactical execution, and track efficiency
- Mentor and support other producers on the team, creating a culture of integrity, curiosity, and fun.
- Have a B.S. degree or above in a STEM field (or an equivalent level of understanding)
- Are meticulous, your extreme attention to detail has likely annoyed someone by now
- Are energized by making others more efficient through process and automation
- Are great at context switching and prioritizing among a large workload
- Are not afraid to jump into any project, no matter how big or small
- Have a dose of pragmatism, and are comfortable weighing ideal solutions against the realities of a live product
$145,000 - $195,000 a year
We use a systematic compensation framework. Salary scales are set each year for each job vertical, based on market data and company budget. Independently, managers level folks on their team, and those levels are mapped formulaically to our compensation scales.
Additional, we always make First and Best Offers - there is no negotiation (for new hires nor our existing teammates). This ensures that people are paid based on their expected contribution, rather than their negotiation skills.
We do apply a location-based adjustment in less competitive markets, typically 5-10%. Feel free to ask us about your particular location!