Senior Producer (Programming, Computer Science, & Technology)
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
Brilliant is seeking a Producer to lead the development of new interactive courses on foundational computer science, programming, and consumer technology using our interactive learning platform. We also encourage applicants with a strong background in data science or mathematics education who have an interest in working on these subjects to apply.
You will use your exceptional taste in technology education and pedagogical instincts to expand Brilliant’s library of interactive courses. You will manage the development of courses and collaborate with a talented team of artists, designers, and interactive engineers to build the best way to learn foundational computer science, programming, and consumer technology for adult learners starting from scratch. You will be joining a passionate and experienced team of entrepreneurial-minded people who are working to change the way STEM is taught and make a meaningful impact on the world. Come build the future of interactive learning with us!
- Lead the conception and outlining of new courses in programming and applications in data, automation, and consumer technology with a focus on lowering the barrier to entry
- Design curricula covering both practical and theoretical topics, meeting the distinct needs of adults looking to learn computer science, looking to learn to program, and looking to understand the basics behind rapidly evolving fields in technology like AI
- Write content and problems clearly and approachably while developing a voice that empowers learners and distills complex topics down to their components
- Build immersive and interactive learning experiences using a rich learning platform combining visual storytelling, interactive elements, and guided problem solving
- Manage content development including coordination with stakeholders and collaborators across marketing, design, and engineering
- Conduct user research to make informed decisions about how to improve and prioritize our content offerings
- Are excited to build a practical and fun learning experience for millions of people
- Have a strong foundation in computer science, programming, or AI
- Have proficiency in multiple programming languages and paradigms (and you’re excited to learn more)
- Have a way with words, especially when communicating challenging concepts, and your writing skills (in English) are top notch
- Are great at context switching and prioritizing among a large workload
- Have an openness to change and a willingness to experiment with formats and platforms
- Are not afraid to jump into any aspect of a project to fill a vacuum, no matter how big or small
- Have spent substantial time building or prototyping learning experiences online. You have experience with the challenges of teaching asynchronously and how to use interaction and motivation to engage and challenge the learner
$130,000 - $160,000 a year
We use a systematic compensation framework. Salary scales are set each year for each job vertical, based on market data and company budget. Independently, managers level folks on their team, and those levels are mapped formulaically to our compensation scales.
Additionally, we always make First and Best Offers - there is no negotiation (for new hires nor our existing teammates). This ensures that people are paid based on their expected contribution, rather than their negotiation skills.
We do apply a location-based adjustment in less competitive markets, typically 5-10%. Feel free to ask us about your particular location!
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring learners from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch
• Weekly happy hour
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.