Senior Product Manager, Learning Experience
San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
Brilliant is looking for a product manager to guide the development of the core learning UI and systems on Brilliant.
You'll work closely with world-class pedagogy experts; interactive and product designers; and engineers to expand and optimize the tool that millions of people use to learn math and science in a new and effective way.
- Lead feature development all changes and experiments in the core learning experience.
- Lead the development of the product roadmap for the learning experience domain, in service of key company objectives.
- Develop an understanding constraints that come from our pedagogical approach, in order to make sure your product roadmap supports the needs of course authors to express themselves.
- Lead data analysis, user research, and experiment design for your domain – including setting simple proxy KPIs to organize the efforts of the rest of your team and related teams.
- Run exploration, prototyping, shipping, and evaluating new features the core learning experience on Brilliant – including executing tests in collaboration with content authors, etc.
- Want to be responsible for successfully guiding substantial growth through your domain – this is a role for people who are excited by the business impact their work will have
- Possess the core product leadership skill sets including data analysis, writing, research, feature lifecycle management, etc.
- Possess an schematic understanding existing digital math and science education tools – both commercial and research
- Have high proficiency with evaluating technical constraints and integrating them into your product strategy
- Are confident communicating across disciplines to excite and motivate people to towards a shared vision
- Are comfortable with ruthless editing of scope and roadmaps in order to build momentum and remove features that don't work
- Enjoy working in small groups with experienced ICs – especially designers and tech leads
You should have
- 5 years of product management or relevant experience consumer-facing products. Experience with product management at "bottom up" b2b SaaS products (think Slack and others) and mobile gaming experience is also acceptable.
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.