San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
Brilliant is seeking a Producer to lead the development of new courses using our interactive learning platform.
You will use your exceptional taste in math, science, or computer science education and pedagogical instincts to expand Brilliant’s library of interactive courses. You will manage the development of a course and collaborate with a talented team of artists, designers, and interactive engineers to build the best way to learn STEM topics. You will be joining a passionate and experienced term of entrepreneurial-minded people who are working to make a meaningful impact on the world.
To be considered for this role, please include your best example(s) of narrative writing to teach a new concept in your application.
- Lead the conception and outlining of new courses in math, science, and computer science with as few assumptions as possible but no fewer.
- Write STEM content clearly and approachably while developing a narrative voice that empowers learners and distills complex topics down to their components.
- Build immersive and interactive learning experiences using a rich learning platform combining visual storytelling, interactive elements, and guided problem solving.
- Manage content development including coordination with stakeholders and collaborators in marketing, design, and engineering.
- Oversee an opinionated team of contracting writers and content experts while producing a cohesive end product on time.
- Imagine and help create the best learning experience possible on computers and phones, including collaborating with design and product teams to build new visuals and features.
- Have an undergraduate degree or above in a STEM field, and you’ve developed a strong grounding through research or teaching that extends beyond traditional curricula.
- Are familiar with modern interpretations of math and science (like information theory, networks, and computation), and you’re energized by using them to frame concepts to beginners.
- Have a way with words, especially when communicating challenging concepts, and your writing skills (in English) are top notch.
- Are great at context switching and prioritizing among a large workload.
- Have an openness to change and a willingness to experiment with formats and platforms.
- Are not afraid to jump into any aspect of a project to fill a vacuum, no matter how big or small.
- You've spent substantial time building or prototyping learning experiences online. You have experience with the challenges of teaching asynchronously and how to use interaction and motivation to engage and challenge the learner.
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• 401(k) plan (non-matching)
• Paid parental leave
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.