Marketing Operations Lead
San Francisco, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
As our Marketing Operations Lead, you’ll ensure exceptional marketing operations at scale. You will manage our relationships with top influencers across YouTube, podcasts, and newsletters. You will also evaluate and execute opportunities to collaborate with and sponsor them in ways that are most beneficial for Brilliant, the influencer or media outlet, and their fans.
More broadly, you will act as a generalist to help manage our online presence, keep all of our marketing assets organized, assist with market research, and correspond about prospective marketing partnerships.
This is a hands-on, cross-functional role in a fast-paced startup environment requiring sound judgment, excellent communication skills, and high attention to detail while moving quickly. This position will report to the COO.
- Manage relationships with top YouTube creators, podcasters, newsletters, and other influencers and media outlets, including being responsive to questions, and providing proactive and reactive guidance and support.
- Set measurable goals, create strategies, guide tactical execution, and track performance.
- Create documentation to showcase performance and provide in-depth analysis of results.
- Communicate relevant information about Brilliant efficiently and effectively to maximize influencer engagement.
- Project manage marketing, art, design, and content on assets, and maintain a marketing asset library that’s up-to-date and easy to use
- Research and analyze influencer needs, trends, content, and opportunities.
- Develop new influencer business both by identifying and onboarding new influencers and by supporting content improvement and expansion from existing ones.
- Identify, evaluate, and partner with relevant vendors.
- Project manage deeper content collaborations between influencers and Brilliant.
- Review media placements and sponsor reads.
- Track company mentions, regularly audit our online presence, and suggest and execute improvements.
- Assist with market research.
- Understand overall partnership strategy and assist with meetings and correspondence with prospective marketing partners.
- Have successfully held this, or a similar operations role, in the past
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have worked in a fast-paced startup environment
- Comfortable with autonomy and end-to-end ownership – this is a hands-on role
- Experience with relationship/partnership/account management, or partner marketing
- Experience negotiating agreements
- Comfortable with data and spreadsheets – experience using Airtable is a plus
- Excited to drive results with high-quality marketing that people enjoy seeing
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.