Executive Assistant to the CEO
San Francisco, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO will provide direct day-to-day support to the CEO to multiply the CEO’s effectiveness, and therefore the company’s and team’s success. This role reports directly to the CEO, Sue, and will work closely with her Chief of Staff, Nika, while also consistently engaging with the full management team. You’ll become intimately familiar with what it takes to run a fast-growing startup, and have an opportunity to grow into a Chief of Staff or similar role.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and priorities, including scheduling, rescheduling, and tracking where time is being spent
- Act as communications gatekeeper by reading, researching, and routing email correspondence; drafting emails and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating communications and calls
- Attending many of the CEO’s meetings, taking notes, tracking deliverables, and ensuring timely follow-ups
- Coordinate the CEO’s (fairly minimal) travel, external meeting, and conference logistics
- Participate in and own special projects, research, and event planning as needed
- Pitch in for operational support for the CEO’s non-profit, Leaders in Tech
- Maintain list of external contacts and coordinate periodic check-ins
- Support office needs as required, such as conference room AV before an important meeting, preparing the office to host board members, or getting things printed
- Coordinate miscellaneous tasks and appointments as needed, including personal logistics such as shopping, deliveries, and home needs via Instacart/TaskRabbit
- Self-starter with high ambition and drive
- Comfortable operating through ambiguity and exercising personal judgment as appropriate
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excited to join the adventure of a fun, fast-paced startup environment, and specifically excited about Brilliant’s mission
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to use automation
- High attention to detail
- Strong time-management skills; ability to prioritize and re-prioritize
- Flexible and collaborative attitude; able to work outside of office hours as needed
- At least 2 years of related experience, ideally in a similar role at a fast-paced company
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.