Senior Data Analyst, Growth and Marketing
San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles and check out our content and marketing positioning.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
As our first dedicated Analyst for Growth and Marketing, you'll generate high-impact actionable insights in the key funnels that drive Brilliant's growth. You'll work alongside our marketing, growth, and ops teams to understand business objectives, ask and answer questions, and help us arrive at the right conclusions.
- Measure the performance of paid marketing campaigns
- Understand and own marketing and growth funnels
- Identify and analyze key trends and patterns, and generate actionable insights
- Design, measure, interpret, and communicate the results of growth experiments (A/B and multivariate tests)
- Create reports, visualizations, and alerts to guide decision-making
- Answer marketing and growth questions as they come up, and develop the business context needed to start to ask the right questions yourself
- Develop tools/dashboards that can be scaled and automated to increase efficiency
- Have excellent SQL skills and experience with data visualization tools
- Have an attention to detail that probably annoys your friends, while also being able to see the forest from the trees and cut the right corners
- Enjoy working quickly and generating insights on a day-to-day basis
- Are passionate about generating insights to guide business outcomes
- Have successfully held this, or a similar analytical role, in the past
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Are able and excited to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time efficiently, and collaborate across many different stakeholders in a fast-paced startup environment
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• 401(k) plan (non-matching)
• Paid parental leave
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.