Lifecycle Marketing Contractor
Remote work / Telecommute /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles and check out our content and marketing positioning.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
We are looking for a skilled lifecycle marketing contractor with experience using the Braze platform to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing email and push notification campaigns, debugging issues, setting up segments and targets, monitoring results, and making sure everything in Braze is working properly. This is a contract position, and you will work as much as we need with you every week [something like 10-15 hours per week, but could be more].
- Build and deploy email campaigns and push notification campaigns using the Braze platform
- Set up segments and targets based on customer data and behavior
- Monitor campaign results and optimize campaigns for maximum performance
- Debug issues and troubleshoot technical problems in Braze
- Ensure that all campaigns and communication are on-brand and comply with legal and ethical standards
- Collaborate with other teams, including design and content, to ensure successful campaign execution
- Keep up-to-date with the latest Braze features and functionality, and provide recommendations on how to incorporate them into our campaigns
- Generate reports and analyze data to evaluate campaign effectiveness and make data-driven decisions
- Develop and implement A/B tests to improve campaign performance
- Proven experience using the Braze platform to build and deploy email campaigns and push notification campaigns
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation and targeting
- Experience monitoring and analyzing campaign results
- Familiarity with email marketing best practices and email design principles
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
- Experience with A/B testing and data analysis
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (preferred)
$75 - $100 an hour
We use a systematic compensation framework. Salary scales are set each year for each job vertical, based on market data and company budget. Independently, managers level folks on their team, and those levels are mapped formulaically to our compensation scales.
Additional, we always make First and Best Offers - there is no negotiation (for new hires nor our existing teammates). This ensures that people are paid based on their expected contribution, rather than their negotiation skills.
We do apply a location-based adjustment in less competitive markets, typically 5-10%. Feel free to ask us about your particular location!