Growth Generalist (Lifecycle)
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles and check out our content and marketing positioning.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
As our Senior Lifecycle Marketing Lead, you'll take full ownership of and drive the high-velocity development, execution, and optimization of our digital, organic marketing channels. You'll work closely with our growth, marketing, content, and product teams to grow and engage Brilliant's expansive user base. Your primary focus will be on driving significant growth and engagement improvements through lifecycle marketing initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive lifecycle marketing strategies that drive user growth, engagement, loyalty, and monetization across multiple touchpoints and channels
- End-to-end ownership of all non-paid lifecycle marketing channels, including increasing the impact of our current channels (email & push notifications), and expansion into new channels (in-app, in-browser, web push, SMS).
- Lead the creation and execution of compelling, on-brand campaigns, working closely with designers, content producers, and artists
- Collaborate closely with marketing, product, growth, and content teams to develop cross-channel campaign strategies that drive product engagement and growth
- Identify & run A/B tests in segmentation, messaging, timing, channels, etc. to optimize and drive continuous improvements
- Set measurable goals and track/report performance, including regular updates to stakeholders on campaign performance and strategic recommendations for optimization
- Have at least 5 years of experience leading and managing lifecycle marketing campaigns, with a strong focus on driving growth and engagement
- Have experience driving engagement across platforms (mobile / desktop)
- Have specific experience moving users through each stage of a funnel to purchase
- Possess a deep understanding of an ESP (such as Braze, Iterable, Customer.io, etc.) and have hands-on experience using these platforms
- Have strong analytical skills to guide data-driven decision-making and continuous optimization, and a proven track record of making data-driven decisions that significantly improved performance
- Are detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent project management skills, and a strong ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Have experience with cross-functional collaboration across many different teams, including marketing, product, and brand, and are able to influence and drive results
- Are excited about being the owner & executor of a large domain and driving significant impact
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and are able to develop strong relationships with stakeholders
$135,000 - $185,000 a year
We use a systematic compensation framework. Salary scales are set each year for each job vertical, based on market data and company budget. Independently, managers level folks on their team, and those levels are mapped formulaically to our compensation scales.
Additional, we always make First and Best Offers - there is no negotiation (for new hires nor our existing teammates). This ensures that people are paid based on their expected contribution, rather than their negotiation skills.
We do apply a location-based adjustment in less competitive markets, typically 5-10%. Feel free to ask us about your particular location!