Senior Product Designer, Growth
San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page and Design page.
About the role
We’re seeking a senior product designer to lead our efforts in growth, helping improve the user experience from discovering Brilliant, to signing up and onboarding, up through their first few weeks in the learning experience.
Product design at Brilliant currently works across five domains: growth, learning experience, user motivation, authoring, and interactives. You'll have opportunities to collaborate with teammates from each of those domains.
As the primary designer responsible for growth, you'll be responsible for crafting experiences for intuitive onboarding, content discovery, frictionless payments, and engaging messaging. You’ll work with a diverse team of marketers, artists, animators, and educators, and you’ll use data and user research to inform new ways to encourage and motivate users.
- Explore and imagine experiences that will delight visitors, engender trust, and guide new users into healthy habits with Brilliant
- Solve meaty interaction and system design problems
- Create a range of deliverables, from high-fidelity UI, icons, and prototypes to written process and documentation
- Work with product managers to influence overall product strategy and roadmap
- Work closely with other designers on the team to expand design systems that work beautifully across web and native mobile apps
- Uphold the quality of the Brilliant brand across every touchpoint with our audience
- Contribute to the culture of a small and growing design team
- Have 4+ years of relevant product design experience, especially in top-of-funnel, onboarding, and growth projects
- Enjoy designing for experimentation, e.g. A/B and multivariate testing
- Are comfortable breaking down ambiguous problems into actionable and discrete projects
- Can prototype your ideas with high fidelity to test their feasibility, usability, and capacity to delight users
- Are jazzed to learn new topics in STEM (maybe you even studied STEM formally)
Please include in your application:
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A cover letter telling us why you're interested in Brilliant
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring learners from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch
• Weekly happy hour
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.