Senior Brand Designer
San Francisco, CA
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
Brilliant is seeking a senior brand designer to craft experiences that help millions around the world discover the wonder of science, math, and technology. This role works closely with content, marketing, and partnerships to grow Brilliant’s overall learner base and enhance the existing member experience. You’ll build off Brilliant’s newly designed illustration system, Pix, to elevate and extend our web presence, marketing, video materials, and thematic member experiences. You’ll help establish Brilliant as a distinctive, smart, and fun new media brand.
- Design engaging, brand-forward experiences and visuals on web and mobile, from concept to execution.
- Lead the illustration team and content writers in efforts to expand and define the “World of Brilliant” and our new illustration language, Pix.
- Act as a strong collaborator with content and marketing on the design of supplemental product experiences, including “Daily Challenges” and the Brilliant Science Weekly, email campaigns, display advertisements, video, social media, and Brilliant for Schools.
- Maintain and build upon Brilliant’s visual brand standards.
- Support product efforts in onboarding and user engagement.
- Art direct and mentor designers and illustrators on the team, creating a strong sense of purpose and community and promoting a culture of design excellence.
- Collaborate on interactive course content when applicable.
Who are you?
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design (optional) with 4-6+ years of digital design experience at a branded content studio, creative advertising agency, or editorial publishing company.
- Sophisticated sense of digital design, composition, typography and strong, strategic conceptual skills.
- Able to provide samples of work that show complex and creative UX solutions spanning different devices sizes, including extraordinary visual design and solid information architecture.
- Have a talent for assigning, concepting and art directing illustrations and animations.
- Understand for how qualitative research and data inform product and design decisions.
- Have passion for storytelling, new media, and/or interactive games.
- Are genuinely curious about at least one of: math, logic, science, nature and the laws that shape our universe.
As a plus:
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring learners from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch
• Weekly happy hour
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.