Senior Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure & Services
Remote work / Telecommute /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 12 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We're always excited to welcome and encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position will be required to be considered.
We are a team of fun, motivated, and experienced entrepreneurs who are working to make a huge impact in education. As the Technical Program Manager of our Infrastructure and Services group, you'll help to build the foundations of the technology that enables an entirely new way of teaching STEM to a broad range of students.
Interactive education is in its infancy; we have really only scratched the surface of what is possible with computer-based pedagogy. Our work helps people across Brilliant teach topics from vector calculus to neural networks in an interactive way. Come build the future of interactive learning with us!
- Facilitate the smooth and timely execution of complex, highly technical projects. Ask incisive questions and skillfully connect contributors who need to work together more closely.
- Absorb a wide variety of business goals, product requirements and user needs from across the organization. Use this context to make quick, strategic prioritization decisions today, and to make prescient, high-impact plans for the future.
- Fine-tune processes to facilitate high-velocity and impactful work. Set high standards for efficient and effective meetings.
- Create clarity regarding priorities, progress, responsibilities, risks, and key decisions. Make it frictionless for engineers in the Infrastructure & Services group as well as cross-functional stakeholders to stay up-to-date with the latest information.
- Be accountable for the delivery of large-scale projects.
Who are you?
- You have at least 5 years of experience on digital product teams, either as an engineer yourself or in a project management capacity on highly technical projects.
- You have recent experience delivering a complex project, and you’re excited to tell us about it.
- You’re self-directed. You’re excited to shape and iterate on a role that is new to the organization.
- You have experience developing and managing just the right amount of process to keep cross-functional teams coordinated but still as autonomous as possible.
- You’re motivated by facilitating delivery. You’re excited to help a team of engineers work together more effectively.
- You enjoy thinking through problems at a high level and exploring possible solutions. You’re a talented systems-thinker who frequently asks “why”.
- You’re excited to build strong relationships with cross-functional partners. You’re constantly striving to be a better communicator. You believe that how we all work together will be the difference between building a great product and building a product that fundamentally changes how the world learns.
Nice to haves
- Experience as a software engineer.
- Experience scaling technical systems.
- Personal experience with Brilliant's product.
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring learners from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn, and contribute.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch
• Weekly happy hour
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.