Senior Data Analyst
San Francisco/Remote, CA /
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
We encourage anyone from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, so please, don't sweat the requirements lists too much! It's important to note that including a cover letter which details your interest in Brilliant and why you feel you'd be a great fit for this position is required to be considered.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Brilliant, you will drive product and business decisions through deep analytical insights and rigorous measurement. You will become an expert on our customers and product, empowering data-informed decision making in key initiatives. Above all, you’ll help us develop the correct frameworks for understanding and accelerating the company’s growth.
You are confident about...
- Your ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in as fast-paced, often ambiguous work environment
- Working fast by default to produce actionable results in O(days) versus O(months), and slowing down when you sense elevated risk of a bad decision
- Your ability to take ownership and manage timelines efficiently
- Context switching between verticals, and between high-level strategy to low-level details
- Questioning your own assumptions when interpreting results
You are exceptional in your...
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in SQL, Excel/Sheets, and visualization tools such as Tableau; experience with Python and Notebooks are a strong plus
- Knowledge of statistics and experimental design (some ML experience is desired)
- Ability to create beautiful and practical dashboards
- Communication and presentation skills – written, verbal, and graphic
- Interpersonal skills and ability to establish relationships
You are enthusiastic about...
- Working relatively autonomously in a small team to produce big results
- Finding insights in data to gain a deep understanding of Brilliant’s product and customers
- Supporting and deepening the “data + intuition” culture across the company
- Working cross-functionally across product, design, content, marketing, and engineering teams
- Identifying opportunities to improve current models, process, and infrastructure
- Perform exploratory analysis related to content engagement, marketing effectiveness, and revenue growth that lead to meaningful, actionable insights
- Triage ad hoc data requests from stakeholders across the org
- Build and manage dashboards that empower teammates to make use of data independently
- Get buy-in from colleagues, so your results and recommendations are utilized to make important decisions
- Build upon our analytics frameworks to interpret data from complex experiments
- Contribute to our data pipeline and analytics infrastructure, including building models in dbt
- Employ predictive modeling and/or machine learning to power effective user recommendations and predictions
- Develop a deep business understanding to help enhance financial and marketing models, such as LTV predictions, CAC trends, and churn probabilities
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• 401(k) plan (non-matching)
• Paid parental leave
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.