Remote work / Telecommute /
Full-time / Part-time contract
Brilliant is a tight-knit team of scientists, educators, engineers, designers, storytellers, and illustrators who are redesigning education at scale.
We believe that math and science are fascinating and beautiful, but that the tools widely used to teach it are dry and ineffective. Brilliant makes learning STEM fun, through problem solving and interactive explorations – from foundational math and science to cutting-edge computer science and professional topics.
Brilliant helps over 9 million students, professionals, and lifelong learners around the world cultivate problem solving skills, build intuition, and master concepts rather than memorize them. To understand more about our approach, see our learning principles.
You can see all open roles and learn more about our team culture on our Careers page.
The Principal Copywriter is responsible for bringing Brilliant’s brand voice to life, both writing and reviewing copy to ensure that all marketing content is communicating the same message in the same voice across various channels.
Using language that reflects our core brand traits, you'll write compelling copy for our website, email newsletters, blogposts, and more, working in close partnership with designers, animators, and other marketers. You'll also storyboard digital video ads to drive digital subscriptions, with a focus on 18-35 year olds who want to learn STEM.
What you'll do
- Create a big voice for a small company
- Write engaging copy for a number of formats, including digital ads, landing pages, emails, videos, and product pages
- Work with illustrators, animators, and designers to enrich text via visual storytelling
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing creatives team to develop impactful and cohesive messaging
- Maintain our Brand Voice and Tone Guidelines
- Edit copy written by others to ensure all external-facing copy is consistent with our Brand Voice and Tone Guidelines across numerous channels, and that our messages always convey authenticity
- Build informative and engaging content about our product and pedagogy for a range of audiences
- Execute thought leadership content pieces on topics relevant to our space and the future of our space
- Build and own the content of our monthly customer newsletter
- Meet deadlines consistently while balancing priorities, and promote projects from concept to completion within a dynamic environment
- You have a great portfolio of compelling copy for emails, web pages, digital ads, emails, videos, and more – unique, quirky portfolios are ideal
- You are able to balance keeping the voice of a brand elevated and smart, while writing for a relatively broad audience and not talking down to the viewer
- You have the boldness to differentiate Brilliant as a brand with words that inspire and entertain
- You are able to humanize complex subjects in STEM, in formats both short and long
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- You thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- You collaborate well with others on cross-functional teams
- You enjoy taking creative risks
- You have a sense of humor
- You use the Oxford comma
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s inspiring and developing people to achieve their goals in STEM – one person, one question, and one small commitment to learning at a time.
We also offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
• Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
• Free lunch in the office
• Weekly happy hour (virtual for now!)
• Flexible vacation time
• Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
• Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
• A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
Our CCPA Privacy Notice can be found here.