Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support /
Brio’s mission is to make diagnostic testing valuable for all and to become the largest provider of diagnostic laboratory testing in the world. We believe that the 21st century will be defined by advances in healthcare and biology. We intend to accelerate that future. Today, Brio empowers employers to test their teams proactively and on their terms, and gain the insights they need to understand in order to keep employees safe and manage risk.
While currently focused on the immediate need for B2B COVID testing amidst the global pandemic, our vision is to create a modern and decentralized diagnostic system that addresses the inefficiencies and shortcomings of the >$150bb diagnostic testing market.
This is a rare opportunity to get involved in solving a truly meaningful problem with massive scale. The product is up and running, our growth is unprecedented, and there is still a ton of room to make your mark as an early member of the team.
We are fully remote, with a center of gravity around Boston, MA where we were founded.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position that can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S. We are looking for someone to cover Wednesday-Sunday from 8am - 5pm or 9am - 6pm EST.
The right person for this role will be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong attention to detail, and the ability to perform at a high level as both an individual contributor and a member of a team. Our business is rapidly expanding, and as such, the right candidate will have experience in a customer support or client facing role in a similarly paced SaaS company or high-growth environment.
Your primary responsibility will be to focus on resolving customer inquiries that are often serious and require immediate attention. Due to this, it is important that whoever is hired for this role has strong interpersonal skills, truly loves helping people solve complex problems, and has the ability to do so with sensitivity and tact.
- Act as a primary point-of-contact on the front lines for urgent resolution of common and novel problems.
- Manage communication between internal departments and external stakeholders to avoid testing delays and/or service failures.
- Interact with clients as needed to obtain client requests.
- Provide answers to clients by identifying technical problems, researching answers, guiding members through corrective steps, and escalating queries to the appropriate team members when needed.
- Demonstrate a pleasant email presence through professional and courteous client interactions.
- Proactively solve problems.
This job might be for you if you are:
- A self-starter. Someone who feels empowered to take initiative to solve a problem whether you know the answer or not.
- Intuitive, inquisitive and find passion in tackling unique problems.
- Able to learn quickly on the fly and are excited to take ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Not afraid to fail and relish learning from those failures.
- Eager to learn and have a strong drive for results.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity on a day-to-day basis and are excited to be a part of building something from the ground up.
- Someone who values diversity in their day and thrives when they’re able to knock out all of their work.
- Not afraid to have fun and interact with the team, but knows the right balance and when to get back to work.
Awesome if you have:
- 2+ years of previous Customer Support experience, including email, chat, and/or text support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An empathetic and proactive approach to customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate and thorough documentation.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Technologically savvy and comfortable with various computer/web applications.
- Experience working on remote teams and are effective in communicating in this environment
Extra awesome if you have:
- Experience providing Customer Support for a SaaS product
- Experience in high-criticality and high-stakes industries such as health, finance, or aerospace
- Experience working in a seed-stage, high growth startup environment
Awesome things we provide:
- Amazing health benefits. We cover 100% of healthcare premiums and 100% of your deductible through a Health Reimbursement Account
- Short Term, Long Term, and Executive Disability
- Unlimited PTO
- Gift of Time Benefit
- Home office improvement stipend
- Monthly mystery chocolate box
- Equity and performance based pay options
BRIO’s mission is to increase the impact of diagnostic testing by making it more accessible and valuable to more people. Our core values as a company are devotion, responsibility, fearlessness, and curiosity.
Brio is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status. Bringing together a diverse set of individuals is how we create the best culture and environment that then fosters the best ideas. At BRIO, diversity is not just something we believe in, it is a part of our DNA. It makes us unique and it makes us successful. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours per week). This position is fully remote and can be performed from anywhere in the U.S.