Brio’s mission is to make diagnostic testing valuable for all and to become the largest provider of diagnostic laboratory testing in the world. We believe that the 21st century will be defined by advances in healthcare and biology. We intend to accelerate that future. Today, Brio empowers employers to test their teams proactively and on their terms, and gain the insights they need to understand in order to keep employees safe and manage risk.
While currently focused on the immediate need for B2B COVID testing amidst the global pandemic, our vision is to create a modern and decentralized diagnostic system that addresses the inefficiencies and shortcomings of the >$150bb diagnostic testing market.
This is a rare opportunity to get involved in solving a truly meaningful problem with massive scale. The product is up and running, our growth is unprecedented, and there is still a ton of room to make your mark as an early member of the team.
We are fully remote, with a center of gravity around Boston, MA where we were founded.
You get excited about challenges, fast-changing environments and problems with no clear solution. You are opinionated, but equally open to the opinions of others. You value extreme ownership, attention to detail, and relish disambiguation. Solving problems nobody has tackled before in an environment where the landscape is shifting daily is your idea of fun. You are eager to contribute to our business and culture, not just our code base.
The Current Stack
- You will help provide world-class security for BRIO’s information systems and contribute to our automation and cloud infrastructure.
- Have a strong understanding of cloud and public-facing systems security.
- Establish and maintain security policies covering software development, infrastructure, information, credentials, secrets, and user equipment.
- Ensure security best practices are understood and practiced throughout the company.
- Work with clients to ensure mutual compliance with security best practices.
- Work with external security auditors.
- Coordinate responses to security incidents.
- Support the software development team in designing, scaling, and maintaining cloud infrastructure, build tools, and deployment systems for development and production.
- 3+ years implementing secure public-facing systems.
- Strong knowledge of information security best practices.
- Knowledge of AWS setup, security tools, and best practices.
- Experience with managing security policies on physical user equipment.
- 2+ years of operating in Linux command-line environments.
- 2+ years of cloud infrastructure experience.
- Strong communication and time-management skills.
- Experience working on remote teams.
- Experience in high-criticality / high-stakes industries like health, finance, aerospace.
- Knowledge of security and regulatory frameworks like HIPAA and ISO 27001
- At least a year of work in an early stage, high growth startup environment.
Benefits and Perks
- We are currently covering 100% of premiums for health, vision, and dental
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Home office improvement stipend
- Monthly mystery chocolate box
- Equity and performance based pay options
BRIO’s mission is to increase the impact of diagnostic testing by making it more accessible and valuable to more people. Our core values as a company are devotion, responsibility, fearlessness, and curiosity.
Brio is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status. Bringing together a diverse set of individuals is how we create the best culture and environment that then fosters the best ideas. At BRIO, diversity is not just something we believe in, it is a part of our DNA. It makes us unique and it makes us successful. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours per week). This position is fully remote and can be performed from anywhere in the U.S.