Orlando, FL /
Re/Development – Re/Development /
“Great real estate matters, but great people matter even more” (BRX Cultural Tenet #1)
The Project Director is responsible for leading the creation, merchandising, entitlement and execution of reinvestment opportunities, across multiple states within Brixmor’s regional portfolio. The Project Director will partner with the regional leasing, national accounts, and construction teams to implement value accretive projects across the portfolio. This position requires a proven track record in retail development / redevelopment, architecture or related fields. The Project Director will rely heavily on prior experience in managing consultant teams, directing entitlement processing, building strong interpersonal relationships through effective verbal written communication skills, professional judgment and confidentiality. Regular travel throughout the region is required.
- Provide leadership for assigned redevelopment related tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Development of project conceptual program through evaluating value add opportunities through densification, outparcel creation and property reconfiguration.
- Evaluate and achieve highest and best use for accretive investment.
- Creatively initiate site plan and design development
- Lead entitlement procurement and municipal process, including attending municipal meetings
- Accountable for project budget, revenue projections and project return performance
- Partner with internal team to drive lease negotiations
- Direct third-party consultants
- Contract administration
- Coordinate with regional leasing and construction teams through project execution phase. Report on construction progress through project completion
- Cultivate and manage tenant relations within project boundaries
- Travel to assets/markets/tenants when necessary as may be required
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7 - 10 years combined Development / redevelopment/ architectural / project finance experience
- College/university degree required; related advance degree preferred (i.e., MBA, Architecture, Engineering)
- Creative skillset to envision value accretive investment opportunities
- Proven track record in the entitlements process and consultant management
- Knowledge and ability to review lease documents, Property Title reports and technically review Architectural/Civil/Survey plan sets
- Established relationships with national retailers
- Effective leadership skills
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards, MS Project and E-builder experience a plus
- Knowledge of CAD/PDF/PhotoShop or similar platforms a plus
- Passion for real estate
Brixmor offers very competitive pay commensurate with background and responsibilities plus a benefits and perks package that supports career engagement, growth, good health and connection with teammates and our communities.
EOE (Brixmor is an Equal Opportunity Employer)