Director Of Business Development
HI, WE’RE BROADLY!
Our product enables local businesses to deliver a five-star customer experience. People have a better experience when the business is responsive, engaged, and customer-centric. By helping local businesses serve their customers better, we also help them thrive.
Our culture is diverse and inclusive and what we all have in common is that we find purpose in our work, we know our work has meaning, and we strive to learn from one another as we build Broadly together!
WHAT'S THE JOB REALLY?
The Director of Business Development is responsible for building Broadly’s market status through partnerships and by identifying growth opportunities.
The Director of BD networks effectively to find, nurture, negotiate, and close business relationships that expand Broadly’s standing and authority within the marketplace.
The Director of BD will be a key player to the continued growth of Broadly. If you are someone that is a self-starter, excels in a fast paced and high growth environment, and understands that true individual success is a result of the team’s overall success, then this role is a fit for you!
Director Of Business Development Responsibilities:
- Create and nurture partnerships to drive warm leads to Broadly’s direct sales team.
- Establish and manage executive level relationships with Broadly’s partners.
- Analyze partner opportunities to validate co-marketing and integration viability.
- Act as a liaison between partners and internal teams (product, sales, customer success, executive team).
- Negotiate terms and conditions of agreements across a variety of partner types.
- Attend industry trade shows and become an expert in assigned verticals.
- Analyze market opportunities and advise Broadly’s product and sales organizations on strategic opportunities, resulting in increased sales efficiency and customer retention.
- Leverage partner ecosystem and network with primary decision makers to improve product adoption.
Director Of Business Development Preferred Attributes:
- Self motivated with strong work ethic, desire to excel.
- Collaborative and empathetic.
- Adaptable with desire to learn.
- Results oriented with ability to keep long term goals in mind.
- Team player that thrives on company success.
Director Of Business Development Requirements:
- 5+ years in a Business Development role working within the local SMB environment, preferably within Auto Services and Home Services verticals.
- Proven success managing full deal lifecycles. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident presentation capabilities.
- Knowledge of the local marketing ecosystem and competitive landscape. Self-motivated, with a proven history of meeting or exceeding goals. A high level understanding of SaaS companies as well as a basic knowledge of APIs as it relates to software integrations.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it
- Food: We serve catered lunch every week, gather for company happy hours and stock the office with bountiful snacks
- Fitness: Gym subsidy, commuter benefit
- Travel: Ask us about our International Travel Stipend
- Team Bonding: Weekly Happy Hours, Quarterly All Hands and more!
- Equity: Yeah, you’ll be a stakeholder, we all are!
- Compensation: Salary DOE, bonus and equity.
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.