Engineering Lead, Oakland-based
HI, WE’RE BROADLY!
Our product enables local businesses to deliver a five-star customer experience. People have a better experience when the business is responsive, engaged, and customer-centric. By helping local businesses serve their customers better, we also help them thrive.
* You can lead, mentor, and motivate people to be their very best.
* You can solve technical challenges, unblock developers, and help maintain code quality.
* You can balance product and technical requirements, short- and long-term needs.
* You can bring in new ideas and a fresh perspective.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* You will lead a team of developers, and work together with them to deliver the best product in the market.
* On the technical side, you will help with specs, architecture and design, and shaping the product roadmap.
* We practice continuous deployment, appreciate simple UX, and design through experimentation.
* You will work in collaboration with the CTO, VP of Product, and other engineering leads.
* You have experience with one or all: Web front-end, back-end/infrastructure, mobile apps.
* You are open to learning and experimenting with new technologies.
* You know when to hack a quick prototype, and when to focus on long-term maintainability.
* You are interesting in leading and mentoring developers.
* Additionally, you’re an excellent communicator, problem-solver, and can delegate.
STUFF WE USE:
* We are a cross functional team that works in small iterations, practice continuous deployment, TDD, code review, feature flags.
* We like flexible work hours, keep meetings to a minimum, and live in different time zones, collaborating using Github, Slack, and Quip.
WHAT DO WE NEED?
Check out our website and learn a little more about our product and who we are trying to help. Send us your resume, along with a note of interest, and anything you can share with us that shows your strengths.
Did you know that most people don't read the job description before applying? If you read this far, then please answer this simple question: what's the weather like where you live?
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Remote: We work across timezones, with team members in North America, South America, and East Asia
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it
- Food: We serve catered lunch every week, gather for company happy hours, and stock the office with bountiful snacks
- Fitness: Gym subsidy, commuter benefit
- Travel: Ask us about our International Travel Stipend
- Team Bonding: Weekly Happy Hours, Quarterly All Hands and more!
- Equity: Yeah, you’ll be a stakeholder, we all are
- Compensation: DOE
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.