HI, WE’RE BROADLY!
And we did something magical. We built a product that helps local businesses attract, retain, and “wow” their customers. It runs alongside their existing software stack and helps them grow their revenue without getting in the way.
Our culture is diverse and inclusive. What we all have in common is that we find purpose in our work, we know our work has meaning, and we strive to learn from one another as we build Broadly together!
WHAT'S THE JOB, REALLY?
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as the development and management of internal control policies and procedures. Controller responsibilities will also include financial and KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reporting.
You will be a key part of the Finance leadership team and work closely with Operations, Sales, and all functional leaders to build timely, accurate and reliable systems and processes for financial reporting and company-wide operating plans/budgets. To support Broadly’s global growth you will help to build and will lead a highly talented globally distributed accounting team.
- Build, manage, and lead a high-performing accounting organization
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, and Revenue Recognition
- Responsible for the coordination of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinate and prepare regulatory compliance reporting and filings
- Develop and enforce best practice internal financial controls
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Select, implement and maintain the new accounting and budgeting systems
- Work with CEO and CFO to provide inputs to financial models and analyses
- Proven working experience as a Controller or an Assistant Controller in a SaaS business
- 8+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Strong relationship management and business partner/advisory skills
- We’re in downtown Oakland, a block away from BART 12th, in the iconic Tribune tower
- See the world: you get a yearly international travel stipend for you and your family
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and flexible time off
- We encourage career growth, and offer personal & professional development stipends
- Commuter benefits, wellness stipend, weekly catered lunch, snack bar
- Team Bonding: All Hands, team outings, pot lucks and more!
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.