Vice President of People, Oakland, CA
HI, WE’RE BROADLY!
Our product enables local businesses to deliver a five-star customer experience. People have a better experience when the business is responsive, engaged, and customer-centric. By helping local businesses serve their customers better, we also help them thrive.
Our culture is diverse and inclusive and what we all have in common is that we find purpose in our work, we know our work has meaning, and we strive to learn from one another as we build Broadly together!
WHAT'S THE JOB REALLY?
As Vice President of People, you'll report directly to the CEO and manage Human Resources, Recruiting and Administration. You'll oversee six people in the department now, across our three locations, and we're planning to double and triple that next 2-3 years. Up and to the right!
Compensation: $200k+ plus equity and bonus DOE
VP of People's Primary Responsibilities:
- As the VP of People, you'll be the front line of all things people -- leading and inspiring our diverse group of talented employees, having empathy for the uniqueness of each employee, and holding conversations with respect, grace, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Collaborating with management team to keep building a culture that tightly aligns with Broadly's mission & values.
- Be a trusted advisor and business partner to the company's senior leaders, functioning as the expert on people and organizational issues and providing guidance on managing complex and sometimes sensitive and confidential employee matters.
- Leading the HR department and handling all personnel issues, plans, policies, compliance, and administrative requirements.
- Encouraging employee communication and feedback through such avenues as scheduled meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings and inter-team communications.
- Investing in our commitment to diversity and inclusion, through intentional, robust, and active efforts towards both diversity and inclusivity, both for employees and new recruits.
- Enabling employee professional growth opportunities, on the managerial and direct report levels.
- Partnering with our Recruiters on recruiting strategy and process, resulting in high-caliber hires aligned with our values.
- Utilizing technology tools in the HR suite: HRIS, Payroll (Gusto) and Applicant Tracking (Lever), and other benefit tools like 401k (Guideline) and equity (Carta).
- Ensuring all procedures comply with legal regulations and best practices. Analyzing the effectiveness of People operations and policies.
- Preparing reports and presenting to the CEO and the Board of Directors using business metrics and KPIs.
- Ensuring that the compensation package is creative and relevant to Broadly’s demographic profile.
- A flexible, hands-on leader who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up, and enjoys balancing the demands of an individual contributor + management + strategic position.
- Strong background in coaching and counseling, taking a mentor approach to managing direct reports and the overall organization.
- Proven experience as VP of People or other senior HR role, with 5 years experience as a leader in this function.
- Background includes performance management, employee involvement, teambuilding, as well as compensation and benefits.
- Aptitude in communicating and public speaking.
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit. #startuplife
- Core competencies include: Empathy, HR Expertise, Leadership & Navigation, Communication, Business Acumen, Global & Cultural Awareness, Relationship Management, Critical Evaluation, Consultation, Ethical Practice.
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it
- Food: We serve catered lunch every week, gather for company happy hours, and stock the office with bountiful snacks
- Fitness: Gym subsidy, commuter benefit
- Travel: Ask us about our International Travel Stipend
- Team Bonding: Weekly Happy Hours, Quarterly All-Hands, Team off sites and more!
- Equity Package
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.