Customer Care Specialist
Oakland, CA /
Customer Success /
WHO SHOULD APPLY
We are seeking out a motivated and adaptable individual to join our Customer Care Team. If you enjoy problem-solving, sleuthing, and are quick on your feet this role may be for you! You should be collaborative, possess high levels of attention to detail, and consider yourself to be a self starter. This role is perfect for someone who is just starting their career or looking for an introductory role in the tech industry.
WHAT IS BROADLY?
Our product enables local businesses to deliver a five-star customer experience. People have a better experience when the business is responsive, engaged, and customer-centric. By helping local businesses serve their customers better, we also help them thrive.
We constantly strive to make our culture diverse and inclusive and what we all have in common is that we endeavor to learn from one another as we build Broadly together! As a company, we prioritize a healthy work-life balance, mindfulness, and self-care for all of our team members.
WHAT'S THE JOB REALLY?
When customers contact Broadly for assistance, our Customer Care Specialists act as the first level of support to identify the problem, solve it if possible and know when to escalate to another team if needed. We provide world-class customer support via phone, email, and chat.
We wear multiple hats and have to switch gears often. Our future teammate will need to be able to pivot, prioritize and adapt.
Our goal is to get customers the help that they need as quickly and efficiently as possible - our customers are running small businesses and their time is very valuable. We want to make sure they get the answers they need with ease.
We are the eyes and ears of this organization, beyond providing customer support, we also advocate for our customers by providing feedback to the company about their experiences. We often have the opportunity to work on company initiatives that help improve the product and our services.
*We’ve got headquarters in Oakland for local folks, or remote options for talent farther away. During the COVID-19 crisis, we are all working from home (so make sure your bandwidth is up to speed!)
*You must be available to provide the above support from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST (11:00 am - 8:00 pm EST) shift*
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your resume and a cover letter.
In your cover letter please pick one of the two following prompts to give us a better idea of who you are and why you are applying to Broadly.
1.)Write a letter to your younger self. What advice would you give?
2.)Tell us about a time that you successfully led or partook in a new initiative. What role did you play and what was the outcome.
- Provide phone, email and chat support Available to provide the above support from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST (11:00 am - 8:00 pm EST) shift*
- Ability to work and learn remotely
- Manage and prioritize our inbound support channels with speed and accuracy
- Investigate and resolve account, product, billing, and technical issues
- Be the voice of the customer and collect feedback for product improvement
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to improve overall customer experience
- Brainstorm and develop process improvements to build value for Broadly
- Assist with various internal Broadly projects (depending on skill-set)
Ought To Have
- Strong ability to communicate with confidence, integrity, and compassion over phone, chat and email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to switch gears quickly and manage time
- Ability to remain professional and composed during advanced customer situations
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and/or Google Suite
- Experience with handling inbound calls
- A strong sense of humor
Lovely To Have
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree (or in pursuit of)Bi/Multi-lingual Experience using Salesforce (or similar CRMs and/or ticketing systems)
- Prior startup experience
- Experience with Mac OS
- Project management skills1-2 years of related experience
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it
- Wellness benefits
- Equity: Stock options