Vice President of Marketing
Based in Oakland, CA, Broadly is a mobile-first platform that was founded in 2013 by engineers, Josh Melick and Assaf Arkin. After years of watching his father’s roofing business struggle to find an effective, simple and affordable solution to market itself, Josh recognized a need in the local business community. The duo set out to find an impactful way for businesses to engage with today’s consumers.
Since then, Broadly has grown rapidly to support thousands of local businesses and provide
intuitive solutions that fit easily into the daily lives of these businesses. In addition to being a
platform for customer feedback, Broadly has expanded their services to help local businesses
streamline their communication processes. Broadly enables businesses to build and maintain
trustworthy online reputations, with benefits such as seamless customer engagement, real-time customer feedback and automated SEO tools.
The founders truly believe that small businesses are the cornerstone of the economy, and are
passionate about helping them attract modern consumers, build trust within their communities, and grow in revenue.
Today, Broadly has raised over $16 million from investors such as New Enterprise Associates
and the Foundry Group. Their team has grown to 100+ employees and is continuing to
Based in Oakland, CA, the VP, Marketing will be a seasoned leader responsible for aligning and building a marketing framework across the spectrum of lead generation, branding, product marketing, field marketing, content, events, community, and social media.
As Broadly continues to grow and scale, the VP, Marketing will be responsible for helping bring modern marketing technology and tools to the organization while also using traditional tactics to reach the eyes and ears of often offline small business owners. S/he will deploy innovative and scalable marketing practices to engage small business owners and foster a strong community. The VP, Marketing is a newly created role that will report into CEO and Founder Josh Melick.
The successful candidate will be a passionate and strategic leader with a track-record of leading a high-performing marketing organization. S/he will combine strong brand and analytical marketing skills, be a strategic thinker, and build and lead a team focused on lead generation, brand awareness, growth, and community. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of small local businesses and their challenges. S/he will be inquisitive, proactive and demonstrate strong ownership and accountability.
S/he will have a track record of building high-volume, data-driven marketing strategies and will bring expertise in the systems and infrastructure needed to automate and scale marketing-led growth. The VP, Marketing will be a passionate storyteller who also understands the numbers behind the decisions that s/he makes.
The VP, Marketing will:
- Set the strategic direction for Broadly’s marketing organization to make Broadly a
- Oversee and execute customer acquisition and demand generation strategies that
- Diversify go-to-market programs by region and customer segment and aligning targeting
- Deeply understand customer perspectives.
- Recruit, develop, and grow high-performing marketing teams and talent.
- Increase the usage of data to drive program development and the ongoing improvement
- Partner closely with Broadly’s sales organization.
recognized brand amongst the SMB community that enables small businesses to
increase the volume of the sales pipeline.
and strategies with audience needs and expectations.
of future campaigns and results.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Marketing expertise with a focus on SMB’s.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and evolving start-up.
- A deep understanding of customer acquisition playbooks and a penchant for applying
- and adapting them to specific markets and audiences.
- A demonstrated track record of scaling marketing programs and program measurement.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves.
- Deep data analytics and measurement experience.
- A passion for growing and developing marketers and their skills.
- Proven experience in building and leading high-performing teams.
- The ability to balance high-level strategic thinking with a willingness to be scrappy and
- Strong communication skills and an orientation toward building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships.
- Grace under pressure and a comfort with ambiguity.
get his/her hands dirty.
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.