Accounts Receivable Collector
HI, WE’RE BROADLY!
Our product enables local businesses to deliver a five-star customer experience. People have a better experience when the business is responsive, engaged, and customer-centric. By helping local businesses serve their customers better, we also help them thrive.
Our culture is diverse and inclusive and what we all have in common is that we find purpose in our work, we know our work has meaning, and we strive to learn from one another as we build Broadly together!
What is the job really?
*Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions.
* Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by email or telephone to solicit payment.
* Duties include updating credit card information and confirming the updating records of collection and status of accounts.
* Outreach to customers with credit cards who will soon expire to update company records.
* Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computer systems, Salesforce and Zuora and a variety of other automated systems. Work to align various systems and clean up data.
* Confer with customers by telephone to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales and service.
* Receive customer checks and send electronic records to the accounting team.
* Make recommendations for bad debt write-offs.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Collection experience, preferably business to business collections
- Must have familiarity with Excel, Word, Salesforce. Zuora & QuickBooks (Online preferably)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, including strong listening skills, the ability to professionally handle difficult collection calls, and the ability to provide excellent customer service with a professional demeanor in all situations
- Proven ability to consistently meet and exceed collection goals, with consistent month-over-month reduction in AR
- Highly organized with proven ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- High school diploma required; Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it
- Food: We serve catered lunch every week, host company get-togethers and stock the office with bountiful snacks
- Fitness: Gym subsidy, commuter benefit
- Travel: Ask us about our International Travel Stipend
- Team Bonding: Team Outings, Regular Meet'n'Greets, Quarterly All Hands and more!
- Equity: Yeah, you’ll be a stakeholder, we all are!
- Compensation: $47-57K salary, depending on experience.
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.