Senior Manager of Data & Analytics, Baltimore, MD or Oakland, CA
HI, WE’RE BROADLY!
Our product enables local businesses to deliver a five-star customer experience. People have a better experience when the business is responsive, engaged, and customer-centric. By helping local businesses serve their customers better, we also help them thrive.
Our culture is diverse and inclusive and what we all have in common is that we find purpose in our work, we know our work has meaning, and we strive to learn from one another as we build Broadly together!
WHAT'S THE JOB REALLY?
As a member of the Operations team and reporting to the VP of
Operations, the Senior Manager of Data & Analytics has a knack for seeing
solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights
into strategic opportunities for our company. The Senior Manager of Data &
Analytics will work closely with leaders across product, sales, success and
marketing to support and implement high-quality, data dashboards. They will
ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating
optimal processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow. They will
use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques
to interpret key findings from company data and leverage these insights into
initiatives that will support business outcomes. This is a full-time position in
Baltimore, MD or Oakland, CA.
The Senior Manager of Data & Analytics primary responsibilities are:
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Continually develop and maintain corporate metrics, including board, product, sales, and SaaS related metrics.
- Build and maintain unit economics models for Broadly.
- Maintain / improve our sales leads database and continue to improve based on sales success and usage.
- Build and maintain machine learning models around sales conversions to optimize our top of funnel focus.
The Senior Manager of Data & Analytics qualifications are:
- The right candidate will also be experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- We’re looking for someone with at least 8-10 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and someone with at least 2 years of experience leading a team.
○ Experience with Salesforce.com architecture / reporting / dashboards or similar tool
○ Strong programming skills with querying languages
○ Experience with financial data / metrics
○ Experience with big data tools
○ Experience with data visualization tools: Insight Squared, Tableau, Looker, etc.
○ C, C++, JAVA, or other programming languages
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success so, work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: we offer competitive plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it.
- Food: We serve catered lunch every week, gather for company happy hours and stock the office with bountiful snacks
- Fitness: Gym subsidy
- Travel: Ask us about our International Travel Stipend
- Team Bonding: Weekly Happy Hours, Quarterly All Hands and more!
- Equity: Yeah, you’ll be a stakeholder, we all are!
- Compensation: Salary DOE
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.