The Integrations Engineer is a multi-lingual puzzle pro: she or he can work backwards and forwards to solve complex data integration problems in an array of different platforms, APIs, databases, protocols and data formats.
Technical Skills (Must haves, and be able to demonstrate):
- C# and Visual Studio inside and out.
- Write well structured, quality code that’s easily maintainable by others.
- Write code that interacts with various HTTP-based API’s, primarily REST-based.
- Basics of SQL and relational databases.
- Proactive doer and communicator.
Nice to Have or Eager to Learn:
- AWS Lambda and supporting AWS services such as SQS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, CloudFormation
- Windows OS, PowerShell
- Mac OS, Terminal, bash
- JSON, XML
- REST, SOAP
- MS SQL Server
- Postman or similar
- Ship code! Engineering is judged by what we ship. Our primary goal is to deliver more value to customers. And we do that by shipping new features, improving existing features, and fixing bugs. Designing simple, intentional, clean code.
- Collaborating with product leaders, customer support, and other team members to fully understand product requirements and how we can efficiently solve them, as well as any trade offs to take into consideration.
- Managing the work of the Integrations Support Specialists.
- Developing data translation objects and data processing flow using current tools and software.
- Respond promptly to issues raised by customer support, help them troubleshoot and resolve these issues, and work out solutions to prevent these issues from recurring in the future.
- Working closely with CSMs on customer-specific initiatives that involve data translation or integration development.
- Solving highly complex technical data communication and transformation issues.
- Designing, testing, and implementing data translation objects (maps).
- Analyzing customer data specifications and providing gap analysis.
- Creating documentation for future reference, training and support purposes.
- Providing customers or internal teams with support on technical integration issues.
- Communicating with customers to clarify data format requirements.
- Take ownership of small features from start to customer success and be actively involved in every step of the software development lifecycle. This includes moving features towards completion, promptly following up on feedback, and monitoring your code in production.
- Engineering is a team sport, see ##1 . Share knowledge with other teammates and do your part to help move everyone forward.
Broadly attendance and conduct standards
1. We expect punctual, regular attendance. For proper coverage, availability for scheduled and spontaneous meetings, and to meet productivity standards, your in-office schedule is 10am - 6pm M-F. This is flexible and work from home days, as long as goals are being met, are optional.
2. We expect professional, respectful interactions, conduct, and behavior in the workplace and at Broadly functions.
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.