Vice President of Sales, Oakland, CA
HI, WE’RE BROADLY!
Our product enables local businesses to deliver a five-star customer experience. People have a better experience when the business is responsive, engaged, and customer-centric. By helping local businesses serve their customers better, we also help them thrive.
Our culture is diverse and inclusive and what we all have in common is that we find purpose in our work, we know our work has meaning, and we strive to learn from one another as we build Broadly together!
WHAT'S THE JOB REALLY?
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Sales is responsible for leading the Sales teams, maintaining team and individual quotas, and coaching team members to success. You'll run sales teams with direct reports in our three locations. You'll collaborate closely with Client Success, Ops, Marketing, and People Ops teams. You'll be well versed in presenting to the board and scaling a growth-sized company.
The VP of Sales’ primary responsibilities are
- Managing Oakland, Baltimore, and Orange County sales teams.
- Establishing and achieving quota for Sales teams.
- Strategically scaling the Sales team across the Baltimore, Oakland, and Orange County offices.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team and helping guide their efforts in order to drive strong lead generation.
- Developing and training Sales team members for more efficient production.
- Creating compensation plans that reward strong sales production and contribute to goals.
- Building a strong Sales culture that teaches positivity, inclusivity, and collaboration.
- Communicating directly with the CEO and aligning Sales with company goals.
- Coaching low performing team members and developing individual improvement plans.
- Overseeing the work of the Sales Director and Senior Sales Managers.
- Collaborating with the leadership team on product development, company goals, milestones, etc.
- 10+ years experience leading customer-facing organizations
- 5+ years in a management role, leading large sales teams
- Ability to lead and scale the sales org to $50M ARR
- Strong understanding of SaaS and recurring revenue business model
- Understanding and empathy for local businesses
- Strong team mentorship and coaching abilities
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision, because you’re worth it
- Food: We serve catered lunch every week, host company get-togethers, and stock the office with bountiful snacks
- Wellness: Monthly stipend for physical & mental health
- Travel: Ask us about our International Travel Stipend
- Team Bonding: Team Outings, Regular Meet'n'Greets, Quarterly All-Hands, Team off sites, and more!
- Compensation: Equity, Bonus and Salary DOE
Broadly is committed to providing and promoting equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We comply fully with the spirit, as well as the letter, of all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations implementing the national objective of equal employment opportunity. Broadly does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, political or religious affiliations, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected by law.