Brooklyn United is a cultural impact digital agency. We create results-driven interactive products and platforms to help our clients shape our shared future.
We’re seeking an experienced copywriter for contract employment. Copywriters at Brooklyn United breathe life into our work on brand identities, interactive platforms, and marketing campaigns. They work closely with our client service, strategy, and design teams to understand the needs of our clients and their audiences, then craft the messaging to bring them together.
As our clientele is extremely diverse, we seek a candidate able to deliver excellence across a range of topics and industries. The ideal candidate will bring experience producing copy for use in web, mobile, and advertising contexts, and will be able to demonstrate ability through before-and-after work samples.
- Liaise with our Client Service, Strategy, and Design team members to arrive at deep understanding of client voice and audience/user needs.
- Review existing content assets, providing editorial input, suggested revisions, and rewrites.
- Craft new copy for brand positioning and messaging, marketing copy for web and mobile platforms and products, and advertising campaign concepts and assets.
- Tune copy for deployment across varied platforms and contexts.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 2+ years of experience required
- Agency experience required
- Compelling presence in conversation, presentation, and in the written form
- Collaborative-first approach: shine in group work
- Whip-smart, unapologetically objective
- Self-driven work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and creativity
Please submit one writing sample for each of the following (as applicable to your work history): brand positioning; brand messaging; product tagline; print advertising asset; digital advertising asset; article / blog post