Brooklyn United is a cultural impact digital agency. We create results-driven interactive products and platforms to help our clients shape our shared future.
We’re seeking an experienced digital strategist. Strategists at Brooklyn United lay the foundation for all our work, helping clients understand best practices and envision innovation through a suite of tools including stakeholder interviews, market research, user testing, user flows, user personas, content audits, site maps, user experience research, and usage analytics. Strategists also shape the work of our internal teams by focusing attention on user needs and balancing those with client objectives. Our strategists are an integral part of an integrated team comprised of producers, designers, and developers working together to make great digital products, platforms, and tools.
The ideal candidate will bring a deep understanding of the digital landscape, and a proven ability to transform client businesses through research and analysis.
- Develop and drive strategic considerations for existing and potential clients; determine appropriate digital channels and actions for delivering on business needs for clients and internal agency products
- Perform detailed evaluation of business environment including stakeholder interviews, customer needs, capabilities, content audits, comparative and competitive audits, feature lists, target goals, and trend analyses to identify unique market opportunities and threats
- Ensure integrity of project briefs, as well as client-facing and internal briefing process
- Define and deepen internal and client team understanding of user needs via focus groups, moderated and unmoderated testing, surveys, flows, journeys, and personas
- Produce site/application maps and information architecture through content audits, analytics reviews, and goals articulation
- Lead brainstorming of insight-driven strategies
- Structure and present recommendations to client leadership for approval, advise on active and anticipated client engagements for missed opportunities
- Oversee client-facing post-mortems
- Provide strong editorial point of view for copywriting
- Collaborate closely with Client Service, Design, and Technology teams throughout engagements to ensure fidelity to user and business goals
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 2+ years of experience required
- Digital product and/or agency experience; particularly Agile and Lean methodologies
- Understands the difference between observation, trend, and insight
- Extensive knowledge of the digital landscape required
- Compelling presence in conversation, presentation, and in the written form
- Fearless in challenging common UX patterns and barriers to help create new engaging experiences and interactions across new media
- A great partner and mentor to team members at all points in their career arc
- Collaborative-first approach: shine in group work
- Whip-smart, unapologetically objective
- Self-driven work ethic, intellectual curiosity and creativity
Please submit a résumé and cover letter. You must have authorization to work in the United States, and live in the greater New York City area or be willing to move here. Brooklyn United is an equal opportunity employer. We look forward to hearing from you!