Brooklyn United is a cultural impact digital agency. We create results-driven interactive products and platforms to help our clients shape our shared future.
We’re also a growing agency looking for fresh perspectives. Designers at Brooklyn United work in close coordination with our Strategy, Technology, Client Service, and New Business teams to breathe life into our work, distilling the essence of products, platforms, brands, and movements into user-centered, visually dynamic interactive experiences.
Our new Lead Designer will bring a genuine passion for digital and a deep understanding of the digital landscape and its potential to transform our clients’ businesses. They will report directly to the CEO to ensure alignment between business and team ambitions; build and shape our design team through mentorship; and lead by example, conceiving of and crafting inspired design solutions.
- execute as lead designer and/or set design direction; support other designers when necessary
- define the design requirements and ambitions of agency clients
- adapt agency processes and practices per client/engagement
- employ the best tools for the job on a project-by-project basis
- forecast and manage resources per project
- guide junior team members through execution and delivery challenges
- monitor design innovation and best practices
- track design industry trends; share learnings with agency leadership
- embody and communicate agency values
- survey team and team member needs
- represent team and team member interests to agency leadership
- 6+ years of interactive design experience in digital marketing, communications, services, and products arenas
- Proven record of developing successful interactive design work, contributing at all phases including IA, UX, and UI
- Proven record of presenting complex services and solutions to senior-level clientele, and effectively operating within a collaborative, solutions-oriented, creative professional environment
- Must possess a strong intellectual curiosity and desire to understand and solve client pain points
- Able to make decisions – including prioritizing workflow and resource allocation, divining optimal creative direction, balancing innovation and responsibility, and overcoming obstacles – with minimal supervision
- Able to understand at a high level a variety of industry verticals and markets, and articulate how design produces differentiation and success for digital products and services
- Enthusiasm for genuine collaboration with an incredibly smart, talented team
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a résumé and cover letter. You must have authorization to work in the United States, and live in the greater New York City area or be willing to move here. Brooklyn United is an equal opportunity employer. We look forward to hearing from you!