US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate /
Human Resources /
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Brooks Recruiter, you are highly collaborative and responsible for full-cycle recruitment. Recruiting at Brooks requires an absolute passion for hiring the best in the industry. In this role, deep partnerships with your clients and an understanding of their business is at the core of our talent acquisition beliefs. You bring a wide range of creativity to your recruiting approach; including in-depth knowledge of advanced candidate search techniques using social media, recruiting standard methodologies, and a dedication to advancing diversity. In this role, you will: act as a trusted advisor to candidates and internal business partners, identify and engage with top talent, build and drive recruiting best practices, diversity hiring strategies, employer branding, and deliver an unparalleled candidate experience.
- Full Lifecycle Recruiting - Effectively recruit qualified candidates using new and creative recruiting methods, sources, advertising and events.
- Develop, implement and refine recruiting strategies across multiple corporate disciplines and levels to attract and hire top quality talent with a dedication to diverse hiring practices.
- Deliver an outstanding candidate experience that represents our values and culture. You understand that every decision made impacts our candidates. From ATS selection to best practices, interview scheduling to tough convos on comp, your daily check-in asks “is this delivering a brand experience?”
- Partner with clients to understand their hiring needs and develop a recruitment strategy to find the best talent for their team.
- Diversity - Establish and promote diversity and inclusion in multiple aspects including:
- Identification of high-performing and diverse talent;
- Creating and maintaining an environment of objectivity, open communication, and respect;
- Implementing and supporting strategies and initiatives that build high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams, and support formal diversity goal requirements.
- Work with HR Business Partners and Recruiters to innovate our recruiting service model and standard methodologies; ensure hiring managers have outstanding support and direction during the entire recruiting cycle.
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and ongoing relationship management; conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences.
- Maintain metrics that measure our recruiting programs and practices. Identify trends and provide recommendations to Recruiting Manager.
- Partner with HR Operations Team on actions, as appropriate, to address competitive pay gaps.
- Build capability of hiring managers via behavioral and competency-based interview training and coaching support.
- Use talent market expertise, data, and business acumen to educate and influence hiring managers on how to identify and acquire the best talent.
- Using a consultative approach, proactively identify and resolve issues, and solicit feedback from the hiring manager to ensure that each search is on target and results in the best hire for the role.
- Partner with hiring managers on creation of job descriptions and job postings as needed.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- 3+ years’ full-cycle corporate recruiting experience. Industry experience a plus!
- In-depth knowledge of recruiting techniques using social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, job boards, etc.) to ensure we’re reaching potential candidates in unique and creative ways.
- Ultimate team player; willing and excited to roll up your sleeves and contribute to all parts of the recruiting process with a positive attitude
- Advanced experience in ATS systems usage including candidate search, assessments and reporting.
- Excellent social skills including negotiating, influencing, problem solving and facilitation skills with experience establishing credibility and strong working relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
- Outstanding project management, attention to detail and collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines and tasks to manage deadlines and time effectively is critical.
- Analytical skills and reporting strongly desired.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office programs, HRIS systems including ATS systems.
- A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle.
- Proven success partnering with internal clients to identify the right talent, skills and attributes and to counsel Managers when making hiring decisions.
- Ability to travel occasionally domestically.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.