Junior Accounts Payable Coordinator EMEA
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
We are looking for an accounts payable professional to perform the purchase to payments environment for suppliers of Brooks in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) region, and a motivated and inspirational teammember with the ability to support the business.
In this role you will perform the timely and accurate processing, approval and payment of supplier invoices for one or more of the entities in the region.
You will contribute to the success and growth of the company by helping to ensure accurate and timely preparation of reports and status of accounts, and also be a part of the periodic financial closing process. You will support supplier maintenance management based on business requirements. You will work with cross-functional teams both within finance and across the full supply chain.
- Execute the purchase to payment environment for suppliers, including intercompany positionsPerform the daily supplier invoice processing, and manage the approval queues ensuring approval policies are adhered to.
- Perform regular payment selection and processing for suppliers.
- Perform supplier maintenance.
- Address, follow up and resolve supplier payment queries and provide input to liaise with management in the successful resolution of any persistent issues.
- Maintain, as appropriate, processes and reporting systems used to monitor and manage payables.
- Execute frequent reconciliation of accounts payable activities; prepare supplier statement reconciliations, resolve discrepancies, unmatched cash or disputed balances.
- Assist in ad hoc analysis as required by management and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrate teamspirit skills include flexibility, adaptability, easy-going approach, open to new ideas, collaboration, and a hands-on job approach in a fast-paced environment.
- Education in Accounting and Controlling or related field.
- One or more years of experience, preferable in international (EMEA) purchase to pay processing within a mid-sized organization.
- Base understanding of financial accounting to perform accounts payable processing tasks.
- Base understanding of VAT and reverse charge within a European environment.
- Excellent supplier service skills, capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining focused on the long term business relation.
- Affinity with ERP systems (preferably Infor M3) and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong individual contributor with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also the ability to work and collaborate as part of a team, and work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in business English (absolute must) and German (highly desired), other European language skills are a plus (French, Italian and/or Spanish).
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
- A passion for the running enthusiast and practicing an active lifestyle.
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.