US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Digital Products is a dynamic team of business, product, technology and design specialists who are passionate about the Brooks Running customer. We’re looking for a passionate UX leader who can collaborate, facilitate, create and apply human-centered design practices in our digital as well as omni-channel experiences within Brooks Running.
This is a leadership role at Brooks, reporting to the Director, Digital Products. This role collaborates and partners with other functional leaders including product, marketing, and technology. As our Manager, UX, you’ll be a player/coach, responsible for leading a small team of UX designers, as well as creating industry-leading interactive experiences that delight our users while also facilitating the development of a growing human-centered design practice at Brooks.
The ideal candidate excels at using data, customer feedback, UX best practices, and competitive analysis to create user/process flows, IA, and interaction design. You should be as comfortable with data and research as you are with designing, prototyping, and presenting.
Do you thrive in a growth environment? Do you view ambiguity and competing priorities as exciting challenges to overcome with your strategic thinking? Do you love to advocate for users, for the UX discipline, and for your UX team, with business and creative partners at multiple levels? We want you to have influence across the organization, and your exceptional communication skills will help you do that.
- Manage, mentor and develop a high-performing team of UX designers and prepare to scale the team for growth in platform optimizations for the digital runner experience.
- Promote career development and manage the performance of the team using Brooks HR processes.
- Identify and drive cross-department UX-focused projects with many moving parts.
- Develop and socialize design thinking, best UX practices and excellence in execution.
- Define and facilitate internal processes and team activities that improve efficiency and impact for UX design.
- Review UX team output and provide constructive feedback and direction as needed.
- Gather and analyze data from multiple sources to develop user insights that can inform strategy and prioritization across the organization.
- Partner with Product Management and business stakeholders to ideate, define initiatives, and develop a user-centric, strategic product roadmap.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, across departments, and to company leadership to create a shared customer perspective and advocate for the runner with research, data and insights.
- Partner with Brand Creative to establish and evolve brand design guidelines.
- Lead and develop relationships with external vendors and across internal teams.
- Provide UX design direction to our agency partners
- Plan, research, and design outstanding branded, seamless user experiences and interfaces based on eCommerce best practices, user research, technical requirements, and business needs.
- Generate use cases, user flows, wireframes, design mockups, prototypes, study findings, and presentations.
- Work closely with the Digital Product Web Developers, Product Managers, QA testers and management to ensure quality implementation of designs.
- Understand web performance and optimization best practices in order to create the best digital experience for the runner
- Portfolio showcasing skills that demonstrate creative leadership, beautiful aesthetics, a critical thought process, research chops, and how design adds business value. eCommerce examples required. Clearly indicate your role in each project. Please add your online portfolio link at the top of your resume when applying.
- Bachelor's degree in User-Centered Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, or related field preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as a full spectrum product designer with demonstrable proficiency owning the design process from early state research and ideation through high fidelity design to product launch. eCommerce experience required.
- 3+ years of people management experience. Demonstrated ability to develop and manage members of a digital creative team.
- Experience in leading UX research and synthesizing insights.
- Experience leading the development of design systems and patterns.
- Experience with lean, agile product delivery, MVP, and workflow tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and device types.
- Experience working across multiple teams delivering iterative product enhancements.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.