Marketing Manager - Italy
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing all marketing and communication strategies of the Brooks’ brand in ITALY. In this role, you will create and execute a marketing plan that positions Brooks as the leader in the performance running market in Italy. You will work closely with sales, customer service, and product teams as well as the EMEA HQ marketing team to optimize the regional execution of our marketing strategies.
You will formulate how we deliver the key seasonal messages across retail, print, social media, events and digital platforms seamlessly. Within this ever-evolving area, you will be looking at embracing new and innovative ideas to support our global/EMEA strategies. You will lead the Retail Marketing Manager and the Events & Communications Marketing Specialist to ensure a consistent message is delivered at all times. Additionally, in this job, you will be part of the Leadership team in ITALY, where you will be a major influencer to the wider Italian team.
- Manage the marketing budget to support our brand awareness and growth strategy.
- Align the marketing team to deliver on the Country vision.
- Define marketing objectives and develop marketing initiatives for ITALY related to the overall strategy and in line with sales promotion, product awareness, and brand momentum.
- Execute the EMEA strategic retail programs to support all channels of sales in ITALY. This includes retail programs, promotions, POP, go-to-market execution and key product launches.
- Have a detailed understanding of our consumers and competitors alike.
- Manage media relationships and activity to ensure alignment with brand strategy and key messaging.
- Manage and partner with our social media & PR agency to increase our reach/following by formulating and executing engaging content to connect with runners.
- Deliver multiple yearly media days in conjunction with our agency to tell key stories.
- Lead the Italy Marketing team and oversee the POS program and marketing activity for focus GSG’s and SRA’s retailers.
- Develop a long-term event strategy for ITALY. Build a distinct POV that executes the Brooks EMEA strategy and drives brand awareness with runners. Ensure execution of Run Happy and a strong connection to our retail partners is ingrained in all events.
- Ensure the alignment and integration of key seasonal messaging across retail, media, digital and events.
- Plan and develop brand activation to tell key seasonal stories.
- Ensure brand communications are consistent with Brooks' global calendar and strategy.
- Lead, manage and support the other team members, by setting goals, mentoring them and offering guidance.
- Work closely with the Sales Manager and the TechRep Manager to deliver our dedicated marketing support to our accounts
- Bring Run Happy to life in all marketing executions
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Management, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing experience.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Strong leadership, organizational and motivational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (mainly Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills that encourage and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company and externally.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks’ community.
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
- Ability to travel extensively.
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.