Manager, Creative Project Management
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Brooks Creative team imagines/designs/curates/manifests creative assets for internal and external Brooks partners. Print, digital, events, retail, packaging—even porta potties—are our canvas and runners are our inspiration. Our motley crew seeks a Manager, Creative Project Management to lead the PM team and drive a wide range of projects that bring the Brooks brand to runners around the globe.
As the Manager, Creative Project Management, you’ll own and drive continual improvement for Creative Team operations, including managing a team of Associate to Senior Project Managers. You’ll lead the Brooks Brand Creative process, implement workflow practices, own team and cross functional statuses and resourcing meetings, evaluate appropriate project management tools for direct reports and the greater creative team, be responsible for resource planning and forecasting for all brand initiatives, and be the budget manager for your projects and team.
You will own large scale/enterprise projects and you’ll be charged with making sure that all projects being managed by yourself and your team hit each milestone commitment and are delivered on time, and on budget – with exceptional creative.
Oversight will include marketing initiatives for Advertising, Retail, Events, Br.com (brand only), Social, Packaging (design only), Product Naming, Logo creation, and Sales initiatives (workbook/sales meeting).
Your exceptional communication skills, collaborative nature, organizational abilities and flexibility to fill holes will ensure that stakeholders are always in the know and that every project is running smoothly.
- Lead, develop and coach the Brand Creative Project Management team
- Serve as leader and prime advocate for your and your team’s projects.
- Establish and continually improve project workflow and tools, and build a culture of Project Management excellence and a reputation for exceptional service and creative. This includes owning team status and cross functional statuses.
- Own Tier 1, Tier2, Tentpole and SMU budgets and supply oversight on the Seasonal / Workbook budget.
- Drive creative projects from the start to finish – delivering stellar creative while hitting each milestone on-time and on-budget
- Create and drive project scheduling, budgeting and securing creative resources
- Work with Creative Director and Head of Production to prioritize and scope new project requests
- Work with business owners to gather complete project information and requirements prior to kickoff
- Assign individual responsibilities and enforce accountability of tasks and deadlines
- Identify project risks, prepare mitigation and contingency plans, and escalate when appropriate.
- Maintain standard project management documentation, metrics, tools and processes
- Work directly with internal business partners and external vendors (such as printers, photographers, designers, copywriters, etc.) to intake project briefs, present creative thinking, assess feedback, bid / estimate project needs, award work, and oversee project needs through completion.
- Interface with all levels of management and ensure creative alignment throughout marketing.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to sponsor.
- Nurture positive, collaborative working relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Develop a culture of exceptional service, trust and executional excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related preferred OR additional related work experience
- Minimum of 7+ years Creative Project management experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing Project Managers / Senior Project Managers
- Experience acting as a liaison with third party partners and suppliers.
- Project management team leadership experience at a creative agency or with an in-house creative team preferred
- Strong knowledge of best practices for creative development workflow, marketing campaigns, and production
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to get things done
- Sound judgment and effective prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat and expertise with project management software tools and software
- Passionate participation in Brooks Running’s activities a plus
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.