Footwear- Costing Analyst
Vietnam, HCM City
Product & Marketing Admin/ Costing
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The primary role of the Costing Analyst is to lead Brooks’ footwear costing process to provide on-time, accurate, and reliable costing information on multiple products/seasons at the same time and to negotiate and/or implement cost saving programs. This position will play a significant role in Brooks’ overall profitability. The Costing Analyst will analyze and audit factory cost sheets for accuracy and negotiate cost improvements model-by-model and overall. The Costing Analyst must be familiar with the footwear manufacturing and sourcing process and have a track record of successful negotiations and strong analytical, organization, and communication skills in English and Mandarin.
· Manage cost sheets for all Brooks footwear products across all products in Vietnam and seasons ensuring on time and accurate costing at each stage of development
· Work closely with factories and vendors to ensure they are providing accurate and transparent costing sheets on a timely manner – audit cost sheets for inaccuracies and inconsistencies
· Identify opportunities for significant cost improvements for specific products and across product lines
· Ensure all costing timelines are met in full, across the development process
· Provide cost saving suggestions to Asia and US Developers to enable better decision making
· Provide costing feedback and inputs into the design of new products and materials
· Identify key cost drivers and keep management informed of potential impacts
· Increase awareness and understanding of cost drivers of footwear development and production across footwear team
· Analyze costing impact related to manufacturing productivity and efficiencies
· Achieve competitive and transparent prices that optimize profits for the company
· Actively participate in determining product costing direction and strategy
· Develop strong partnerships with factory and key vendor costing teams
· Work closely with Asia development and commercialization teams to understand shoe constructions and identify cost saving opportunities
· Participate in weekly meetings at both factory locations to be aware of and analyze cost impact of potential changes
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree with a focus in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management, Finance/Accounting or related field
· Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in footwear industry. 3+ year of costing experience required with track record of significant costing improvements.
· Knowledge of footwear construction and manufacturing processes and costing including strong understanding of cost drivers
· Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
· Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented and work within a team
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills – especially negotiation skills
· Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required; Mandarin is a plus.
· Intermediate proficiency using MS Excel and Basic proficiency with MS PowerPoint
· Travel between factory locations in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and 1-2/year travel to China
· Ability to work professionally and efficiently with all key departments including US development, Asia Development, Commercialization, Production, and QA
· Must align strongly with Brooks corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have integrity, and Be Active, Have Fun.
Reports to: Costing Manager
Department: #39 Footwear Product Marketing Admin/ Costing
Position Location: Linh Trung II, Thu Duc, Vietnam
Benefit: Competitive Salary, Premium Health Insurance with Generali, Lunch, Pick up van
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.