Footwear- Industrial Engineer I
Vietnam, HCM City
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As an Industrial Engineer I, you will report to the Sr. Manager of Industrial Engineering and will be responsible for performing Industrial Engineering (IE) work to support Lean Manufacturing, Footwear Commercialization, and Footwear Engineering strategies to optimize manufacturing processes. You will lead IE studies to reduce costs, increase productivity, maintain and improve quality and influence factories.
Position will be based in Vietnam, but there could be a need to work in China or other location in the future.
· Conduct cycle time, bottleneck analysis and develop processes to improve work methods. Execute direct labor/indirect labor ergonomic studies.
· Measure outputs from studies conducted by Lean Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering Senior Mgr. to increase productivity, improve efficiency, and reduce costs while maintaining or improving quality. Report out results of those studies so that decisions can be made to improve manufacturing process.
· Partner with Lean Implementation Manager to identify specific processes and sub-processes to target for optimization and automation efforts.
Execute studies around footwear manufacturing operations to maximize work flow and equipment utilization. Compile results of those studies and share conclusions with the Sr. Mgr. of IE, Sr. Mgr. of Lean and Sr. Mgr. of Footwear Engineering.
Work closely with Lean Manufacturing and Footwear Engineering to create systems that ensure efficient product production and resolve production issues.
· Provide data to evaluate factory compliance with optimization and automation efforts and record and report on results.
· Collaborate with Development, Commercialization, Production and QA Teams to ensure product processes are aligned, understood and meet product quality standards. Continuously evaluate any improvements to processes.
· Execute the layout of equipment and production facilities within footwear factory, in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing, Footwear Engineering and factories to maximize productivity and efficiencies.
· Influence functional and operational managers to improve productivity, quality, throughput and output.
· Other responsibilities as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or 3 years of equivalent experience in the field.
· 2+ years of conducting industrial engineering activities in the manufacturing realm.
· 2+ years of experience conducting time and measurement studies.
· 2+ years of experience participating on teams focused on industrial engineering, optimization or lean efforts.
· Proven success in measuring and creating standards for industrial engineering in manufacturing.
· General assembly process knowledge.
· General knowledge of footwear manufacturing.
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
· Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
· Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
· Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our processes and products while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
· Possess the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
· Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
· Travel 25% (Domestically/Internationally)
Reports to: Commercialization Manager
Department: Footwear Sourcing #95
Position Class: Salaried
Position Location: Linh Trung II, Thu Duc District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.