Director, Integrated, Social & Influencer Marketing
US, Washington, Seattle /
Brand Marketing /
Full Time - Seattle Hybrid
Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The North America (NA) Social Media, Influencer and Integrated Marketing team delivers brand demand, buzz, excitement, authentic engagement, and brand love through the ever-changing social media platforms, organic social content, videos, and strong influencer partners to maximize impact. This team also leads the NA Go-to-Market (GTM) process for regional brand activations and seasonal campaigns.
As the Director, Integrated, Social & Influencer Marketing you will be a master storyteller that authentically connects our brand, our purpose, and our products to runners through a variety of social media and influencer tools and tactics. You will build strategies to use social media and influencers to create brand buzz, excitement, want, and desire among runners where eventually they will fall in love with Brooks. You will leverage and choose our family of targeted and always-on influencers to build deeper relationships with current customers to become brand ambassadors, but also connect with new runners who may not have considered Brooks. You will also lead our NA Integrated Marketing team who are responsible for delivering each season’s go to market process, build seasonal tactical plans, manage quarterly lifestyle shoots, and be a key stakeholder in bringing our seasonal sales meetings to life.
- NA Integrated Marketing Leadership
- Lead NA seasonal marketing GTM planning and development with key cross functional stakeholders and our global brand team
- Accountable for brand and seasonal activations across digital and physical channels to deliver consistent and impactful messaging that drives awareness, consideration, conversion, and loyalty
- Build strong relationships with global marketing leaders, regional channel owners, and NA sales colleagues to ensure GTM and tactical plans are relevant, impactful, and timely
- Oversee region quarterly photo shoot process and priorities as well as provide leadership to day-to-day team
- Social Media and Influencer Marketing Leadership
- Lead and optimize the NA social media and influencer marketing strategy that will build community engagement, buzz, excitement, awareness, affinity, and brand love
- Provide leadership in each social media platform content strategy to deliver fun and inspiring moments for runners to see themselves with Brooks
- Understand the running community and the topics that resonate with runners and develop insights that are actionable and impactful
- Build Brooks storytelling and story sharing through social media platforms that connect emotionally with runners that drive brand love, passion, as well as inspiration to go for a run
- Oversee the influencer marketing strategy, tactics, and programs to ensure they are aligned with our enterprise and general marketing goals and strategic choices
- Have deep roots and interest in culture, entertainment, and lifestyle to stay close to trends that affect social media and influencer tactics and actions
- Proactively search for new opportunities that will deliver brand awareness and consideration to Brooks customer audience priorities that are impactful and scalable
- Ensure strong collaboration and partnership between influencers and organic social media team to maximize reach, efficiency, brand love, and share of voice
- Develop, document and champion for adoption of best practices within the team
- Inform and collaborate with the marketing department leadership to solve business challenges, issues, and opportunities
- Create systems and processes to scale social media operations with a focus on growth, data informed decision making, and collaboration
- Bring company moments to life in creative, resonant ways on social platforms
- People Leadership
- Demonstrate strong people leadership skills rooted in Connect principles
- Promote Brooks’ Core Cultural Values: Responsible for team culture and keep a pulse on morale to proactively address any concerns
- Create organizational design to align with business strategy and conditions
- Foster a creative/collaborative, inclusive environment that empowers every individual to contribute fully
- Provide career-development planning, coaching, training, and support teams to create and foster a culture of learning, personal development, curiosity, and innovation
- Model leadership behavior across the organization
- Lead, develop, and build a team of social media, influencer marketing, and integrated marketing team members that deliver value added impact to Brooks every day
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Drive long-term planning with marketing leadership to build teams, frameworks and systems that best support key initiatives, programs, and projects
- Develop the social and influencer marketing vision and strategy aligning with organizational priorities, enabling, and facilitating the organization's business objectives, and ensuring senior stakeholder buy-in
- Compile relevant opportunities and build effective business proposals to gain buy-in and secure resources to make plans actionable
- Cross-Functional Influence and Alignment
- Champion enterprise cross functional initiatives representing NA social media/influencers/integrated marketing to influence stakeholders and drive team POV throughout the process
- Influence cross functional leaders and align strategies across departments and programs
- Educate and guide cross-divisional business units on digital marketing, social media, and influence marketing
- Build NA integrated marketing cross functional relationships and support across marketing, sales, and product teams to ensure we achieve our regional marketing goals and execute flawlessly
- Build partnerships and alignment with cross-divisional partners to implement social media, influencer, and integrated marketing strategies
- As an initiative-taking business partner, build trusted relationships with other leaders at Brooks, and lead or support cross-functional projects as needed
- Promote continual growth mindset to drive improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence, and accountability
- Stay current with industry trends and innovation in the social media and influencer marketing space and be a thought leader across the organization
- Lead the development and management of the annual department budget
- Demonstrate extreme enterprise accountability in managing insert department/function
- Apply Brooks requirements around budget planning and capex documentation to garner resources necessary to evolve the team to meet business objectives
- Align financial, people and business resources to functional roadmap priorities
- Lead the team and hold them accountable to delivering list product/programs/body of work, etc.
- Anticipate, communicate, and proactively manage opportunities and challenges for insert department/function
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field or equivalent years of experience. M.B.A. preferred
- 12+ years of experience with brands or retailers required
- 7+ years of experience in directing, managing, and developing high performance teams
- Strong teammate, successful collaborator, ability to influence, motivate and mentor others
- Must be passionate, familiar with, and able to utilize social media platforms on a day-to-day basis, which will lead to identifying growth opportunities to address
- Proven leadership capabilities to supervise a team and lead strategic business objectives with a proven ability to prioritize workload, and manage short term and long-range projects
- Proven track record in storytelling, creative concepting, brand building, digital activations, and building big impactful marketing activations
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly productive relationships with individuals and teams that are made up of diverse disciplines and cultural backgrounds resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Curious and open-minded; always up for a challenge, inventive and creative. Ability to challenge the status quo- always looking at improving our people, products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details
- Detail oriented. Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment, anticipating, and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate a point of view concisely and functional expertise within project teams and to external stakeholders
- Strong storytelling, presentation, and communication skills, including meeting facilitation
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
The pay range for this position, based out of the Brooks Seattle HQ, is $162,197 - $259,536 per year. Base pay offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Brooks is proud to offer a robust benefits package to our employees and their families!
Benefits - including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, HSA and employer contribution, FSA, family & fertility assistance, 401K Savings Plan and match, employee assistance program, and transportation assistance.
Paid Time Off - Brooks offers generous time off including three to five weeks of paid time off, eleven paid holidays, paid sick and parental leave.
Bonus - in addition to base pay, Brooks employees may also be offered an annual bonus based on company performance.
Perks - including product discounts, a home office stipend, employee recognition, fitness discounts, volunteer and donation benefits.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, two-spirit identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), honorable discharge or military status, protected citizen status, actual or perceived victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, HIV or Hepatitis C infection, political ideology, use of a trained guide dog by a person with a disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, or any other non-merit based factors.