Associate Color & Trend Designer
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Associate Color & Trend Designer will work with the Color & Trend Design Team and will create seasonal color palettes that are directional and appropriate for driving category initiatives and maintaining brand direction and aesthetic appeal. You will help drive overall product quality to higher levels through research, design and use of color and innovative new materials. You will also assist inline product designers with color/material composition, create original vector based print/pattern for specialty shoes, and work with product line managers to merchandise color and materials for the running footwear product line.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to create a merchandisable line from concept to commercialization
- Research and deliver color, design, market and lifestyle trends that influence and impact the product category process from product briefing to product concept to salesman samples
- Create and manipulate original prints on shell-patterns and footwear.
- Collaborate with Design, Product Marketing, Development and Material Designers to focus color solutions for market success
- Finalize product details; and proactively follow through on the execution of color on each product.
- Maintain calendar/timelines/deadlines that result in a timely completion of each product and/or collection
- Assist in presentation of color trend and palette at concept debut
- Strong collaboration with design on footwear components and design direction for color ups prior to color kick off to ensure correct color application
- Pantone and CSI colors are handed off for each color included in the season to development
- Create color renderings of in-line shoes for review and presentation
- Take the responsibility to stay current in the athletic footwear market, different category trends, and product design innovations
- Travel as necessary to Asia, trade shows, retailers, or other external events
- Perform miscellaneous projects as assigned by manager
- To be considered, please submit a portfolio of your work along with your application materials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field required; may substitute education for specific experience.
- 1+ year of experience in a related role, preferred
- Design education and training in vector-based graphics programs a must
- Power user in vector-based graphics software applications – Adobe Illustrator proficient. Photoshop useful. Mac environment for design
- Understanding of color composition and theory with a quick, learned eye for color and materials.
- Surface and print/pattern design experience, preferred
- Knowledge of color processing, from RGB to CMYK to L.A.B. digital color.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and communication skills
Brooks is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on any protected class. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. This commitment applies to all phases of recruitment and employment. Brooks will strive to ensure that its policies and decisions are implemented with the spirit of this commitment to equal employment opportunity in mind.