Footwear Quality Assurance I
Vietnam, HCM City
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
This is a core Quality Assurance role on one of the strongest QA teams in the Footwear industry. The QA I is responsible for both quality assurance and quality control of processes, components, and final products. You will oversee core aspects of manufacturing operations within the factory to ensure Brooks quality standards are met. The majority of the time in this role will be on the production lines or in the finished good inspection room directly supporting a center of excellence (CoE) approach to quality. As a member of the Brooks Quality Team, you will be expected to support key strategic quality initiatives while ensuring the day to day responsibilities are met. Communication and attention to detail are must have skills.
· Support quality excellence within the manufacturing base through the enforcement of Brooks quality standards and policy deployment, identification of issues and resolution of concerns in a timely manner
· Perform regular audits to ensure factories adherence to PFC’s, MQAA Best Practices, Standardized Work, category requirements, and other Brooks quality / packaging checklists
· Reinforce factory staff in-line inspection to support the factory’s transition from reliance on end-of-the-line QC to factory driven in-process QA
· Monitor and action on Quality KPIs (e.g. % of rework, customer defective return rate, etc.)
· Take a proactive approach with regards to defects found during inspection.
· Detect and report unusual or non-conforming documentation, materials, conditions, or product to supervisor or group/ team leader
· Confirm proper machine maintenance and record keeping of factory equipment
· Perform Brooks inspection of final product, promo orders, and other special need orders
· Carryout random spot checks of completed components & product; engage supervisors, QA/QC personnel, and workers in daily quality education and discussions
· Monitor materials and components to ensure established Brooks bonding & physical properties throughout production are met
· Reinforce Brooks quality guidelines and MQAA Best Practices, translating specific quality expectations and the definition of craftsmanship required in all product
· Demonstrate correct processes through on the job training and illustrate benefits of maintaining proper process controls
· Demonstrate in the training of Factory Hired Inspectors (“FHI”) how to emulate the Brooks QA Auditor role
· Utilize FHIs as resources in QC duties, workshop auditing, quality initiatives, IC inspections, and verification of shipping documentation. Test, evaluate, and provide feedback to QA Manager or group/team leader and factory management on FHI performance
· Serve as the communication link between Brooks and factory management staff for assigned areas of responsibility
· Communicate ‘one voice’ to the factory on all issues in support of CoE and team decisions
· Participate in key Commercialization trials & meetings, contributing ideas and suggestions in the process to help ensure product readiness and manufacturability concerns are identified and effectively resolved prior to initial production
· Involvement in routine quality meetings with factory staff, submit regular reports as required by QA Manager to allow for & promote dialogue surrounding pertinent manufacturing issues
· Assist Brooks QA Manager in the implementation of Brooks factory-based QA Strategies and Initiatives to encompass Brooks Quality System
· Required to work closely with Brooks Lead QA, QA II and QA I and Brooks Engineers, to implement and monitor all of Brooks Key Quality Strategies and Initiatives
· Other duties as required
· Minimum of 2 years of production/QA experience
· Fluent in English and local language (writing and speaking) - ability to communicate clearly with other teams.
· Communication, organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, and a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Advanced Knowledge of footwear production process or chemical/engineering background
· Proactive, assertive, and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
1. Personal Leadership
· Accept responsibility for own action
· Show high level of productivity and quality
· Follow through on assignments
· Look for ways to contribute to the team
· Meet commitments
· Monitor own performance
· Seek to raise the standards of performance for team members
2. Effective Communication
· Present ideas and information clearly
· Listen to others’ viewpoints
· Ask questions to clarify understanding
· Participate in discussions around issues
· Present his / her position openly
· Openly and tactfully address conflicts
3. Planning and Priority Setting
· Organize work effectively
· Manage time and resources to accomplish tasks
· Adapt well to changes
· Can reprioritize activities to achieve results
· Prioritize own work to accomplish objectives
· Handle multiple demands or competing priorities
Reports to : Quality Assurance Manager
Department : Footwear Sourcing – 95
Location : 01 position will be based in Linh Trung II, Thu Duc, 01 position will be based in Minh Hung commune, Chon Thanh district, Binh Phuoc province.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.