CRM and Email Marketing Manager
US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
North America Digital Marketing and Ecommerce
Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The CRM Manager is responsible for leading the development of one to one digital relationships with runners, grow retention, build engagement and loyalty to Brooks Running, represent the voice of the runner, and develop runner profiles of our customers. You will deliver a personal running partner experience through relevant, timely, and personalized touchpoints that connect and build relationships with runners so they trust, love, buy, and rave about the Brooks brand. This position is imperative to driving the Brooks Running business and managing our “known” 1st party data. The CRM Manager owns the customer relationship marketing strategy and manages the digital touchpoints to grow retention and engagement to the brand. This role will identify gaps where there are minimal touchpoints between Brooks and runners during the customer journey and build plans to connect with these customers at the right time with relevant content to grow affinity to the brand.
- Lead and manage the retention strategy to drive repeat purchases and brand engagement on Brooksrunning.com.
- Develop and execute strategies to connect and engage with runners between purchase cycles.
- Own and manage the customer data collection and management to support personalization, analytics, and CRM activations.
- Execute and deliver on projects that center around retention, and data collection with the end goal to build relationships with runners so they love and rave about Brooks gear, science, and culture.
- Increase brand engagement among our “known” runners so they have more frequent digital touchpoints with Brooks.
- Lead and manage the global ratings and reviews program with the goal to improve the review experience for runners and implement syndication across retailers. Collaborate cross functionally with key stakeholders to ensure requirements continue to be met and prioritized.
- Oversee the Brooks Running email marketing strategy, email execution, content, deliverability, and performance. Be accountable for email marketing performance and how it aligns with the overall CRM strategy.
- Manage agency team to ensure alignment with CRM strategy and provide guidance and coaching daily. Be accountable for email marketing revenue and engagement performance and how it ladders up to overall CRM strategy.
- Deliver against multiple KPIs for the brand where CRM plays a major role, including but not limited to: revenue, traffic, retention rate, open rate, and click rate.
- Lead, mentor and coach the Email Marketing Specialist. Promote career development and manage performance using Brooks HR processes. Manage the direct mail program, which includes budget, financials, circulation planning, audience segmentation, and vendor management.
- Manage the Brooks Friends & Family Program, Pro Program, and other “known” direct to runner programs.
- Be responsible and support SMS, chatbot, AI, and other relationship marketing technologies that focus on building one to one connections with runners.
- Lead all aspects of digital welcome series, onboarding series, and other relationship building communications to drive engagement and retention to Brooks Running.
- Understand our runners with 1st party data, build runner profiles, generate insights on digital and product behaviors, and develop reports that connect all the information together.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus in marketing or business preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in relationship, digital, email marketing required.
- 1+ years management experience preferred including hiring, effectively directing the work of staff, coaching, development and managing performance
- Familiarity with email service providers, creative briefing, editorial calendar planning, and digital technologies. Bronto ESP experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of direct to runner strategies and digital marketing required.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and eCommerce best practices preferred.
- Extreme passion for the customer and with an always on customer first mindset.
- Experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics a plus.
- Skilled at providing creative art direction to designers and writing copy for emails per brand guidelines.
- Experience in developing segmentation, automation and lead gen strategies and executing at the tactical level.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Self-starter, responsible, and able to own production level projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Creative genius that has the ability to think out of the box to build engaging customer activations, driving relationships and connections.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.